02-08-2011, 04:50 PM #1
What should I have the Dealer check on a 11' Rxt-x before I take possesion?
Im fixing to buy a 2011 Rxt-x and was working on a list of things I should have the dealer check before I take possesion and it hits the water? This is all I have so far so any help would be appreciated.
1) Jet pump bolts
02-08-2011, 04:54 PM #2
02-08-2011, 07:53 PM #3
2. Tighten every hose clamp on Intercooler(IC), Supercharger(SC), Throttle Body(TB).
3. DESS post has been sensitive with key to start. Start the ski, several times BEFORE you take delivery. Start and stop the ski several times - before you drive off......
4. Make sure NO "Maint Req" messages appear on dash cluster - BUDS service reset required.
5. Check OIL level make sure it is NOT overfilled!!
6. Some guys have had problems with drive shaft splines and impeller splines - engine alignment has been the problem. Obviously, your dealer is not going to pull the iBR and pump to check this first......
7. Purchase a "Shop Manual", cost about $129 but is worth it - you WILL need it -to do your own work - which you WILL want to do!
8. Read your Owners Manual 2-3 times before you ride the first time, then read it again after your first ride - it will save you lots of dumb questions.......
9. Check rear hatch panels alignment, make sure rubber tips on bolt heads have been siliconed on, they are a PITA to dig out of the hull and effect the rear seal.....
10. Purchase the 4 year extended warranty.
02-08-2011, 09:13 PM #4
Thanks guys,im gonna make a print out and go over everything before it goes into the water for sure. Im going to wait to buy it until the local boat show here so I can get the 5 year warranty for sure.
02-09-2011, 10:34 AM #5
Don't trust a SeaDoo tech.......ask me how I know. BTW, does anyone know where they receive their training, what what IS the training?
02-15-2011, 08:39 PM #6
I cant wait to get mine,going to wait till the 25th for the boat show here for the 5yr warranty! Im like a kid at xmas time...LOL
02-15-2011, 08:51 PM #7
02-15-2011, 10:13 PM #8
Yeah, have the stealer check the warranty. It has a habit of not working when you need it most.
02-18-2011, 02:00 PM #9
What all takes place during the PDI of these machine's? Dealer just called and said he just got one in thats in the crate and would honor the 5yr warranty promotion that the boat show is now offering. Looks like I will be the proud new owner of a RXT-X real soon.
Here is the deal that im getting.
$13,200 before tax's
02-18-2011, 05:54 PM #10
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By acesea in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 04-04-2010, 03:44 AM
By Pale Rider in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)Replies: 6Last Post: 06-02-2008, 10:03 PM
By Phil in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 27Last Post: 04-17-2008, 12:27 PM
By cdalesch in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 51Last Post: 08-12-2007, 07:52 PM
By Flynfox in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 11Last Post: 10-16-2006, 10:29 PM