Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

where i am and where i wanna be........

hi as per my sig im at 75mph with unreal pull on my arms but awful initial hole shot due to immense cavatition. after the first second of cavatating it grips and pulls so hard

i dont want too loose this acceleration but i want to get rid of the cavatation as much as possible and help get a few more mph as well

so what prop should i go for and what else can i do with out masses of money imput to get the best from my set up and to make as good as possible ???????

thanks ian

+1
    The stock 155mm pump with a single prop is the best for top speed IMO
    I tried riva 160 mm prop/wear ring and lost 3mph even with different nozzles / re-pitch ect and still had some cavitation. The twin prop gets rid of cavitation and also robs a lot of top end. Try either of these setups and I garrantee you will hardly be over 70. The only bad part about the 155mm is that hard hole shots with cavitation that put you on the limiter kill the clutch.

I am in the same boat. I am entertaining a dual prop setup. Possibly moving up to a C3 to keep the top speed if I lose too much speed with the dual prop. Keep us informed.

+1
    MR MAC- just by looking at your signature something seems to be wrong.... you have a R2, C3, IC and you are only at 74.9mph? That setup should be 80 IMO no problem. First, your RPMS are at 8100 and the R2 is set for 8700 so you are down 600rpms right there which is some significant speed. By what you described you are looking for a prop than can hook right out of the hole and the skat is a great prop choice IMO. Instead of buying a brand new prop at 300$, why don't you try a repitch for 70$ at Impros. Talk to Dave on the phone or via email and he will be able to suggest a pitch for your mods.

You could also get a aftermarket rideplate or have Jim mod one for you but before you do that I would lock down the pump and get it right.

Just want to ride.
    +1
    +1 on repitching your impeller. Also, that spacer for your stock intercooler isn't doing a ton to help. I would look at a replacement intercooler as the next purchase. If you give that motor some cooler air, it will turn more RPM.

Good luck,
    Sean

Just want to ride.
    +1
    Actually.....

While your Skat is off to get repitched, put your stocker back on. My guess is you'll see your RPM jump up to 8600ish, and find a couple (3-4) MPH right there.

I ran an R3/C1 combo with the stock impeller; easily spun to 8600+ and 78+ mph.

That will give you an idea of the speed difference with RPM. Your stock impeller is a 12/20 - might have Dave pitch your Skat to a 14/21 or 14/20 to help with cavitation and keep your RPM up.....

Sean

Thanks all, I will just add that I currently have a stock ic with the rd spacer in it.... Could the spacer be allowing hot air to pass through with out passing through the core?

Thanks ian

hi all...... i have ordered a jd intercooler to add in to my set up to give me some nice cool airflow... so what prop to put on it then? 14.23?

thanks ian

hi all...... i have ordered a jd intercooler to add in to my set up to give me some nice cool airflow... so what prop to put on it then? 14.23?

thanks ian

+1
    hey ian as per our conversation the other day it might be better to fit the water cooled housing. that should bring your temps down and may even be cheaper.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information