+1

Arizona drag boat association Firebird raceway March 11 2011

Ok guys im on the fence. I would like to see some of you locals join in so I have someone to play with.

I know iegpr was interested. Who else wants to come out and play on the liquid 1/4 mile?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanediego Joe View Post
    Ok guys im on the fence. I would like to see some of you locals join in so I have someone to play with.

I know iegpr was interested. Who else wants to come out and play on the liquid 1/4 mile?
    sounds like fun but a 1/4 mile is double what we should run people would be getting hurt at those hi speeds.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBoost View Post
    sounds like fun but a 1/4 mile is double what we should run people would be getting hurt at those hi speeds.
    +1

It would be more of a top speed race then a drag. Sounds like fun though.

+1
    its bracket racing...top speed doesnt really matter. call out your time and dont break out

Joe, run Div. 1 Lucas Oil. The ring you get at the end of the year for divisional high point champion is really nice. You know it is hard to understand for allot of people how we 1/4 mile drag race. The type of racing we do uses real time equipment no radar guns which can very by movement. Not to put anyone down but supposedly there are all of these high powered fast ski's out there and in the last few years I have only seen 3 that really do exist and race with us (Insandiego Joe, Gorilla Watkins and Duke I believe?) Who was the guy with you in 2009 Joe at Phoenix? Yes it is cool to have a ultra fast ski but there is driver skill involved also.

So with that said why don't some of you guys come out and show us up. After all like Joe said it is not all about speed. Heck I ran a bone stock Polaris Genesis and beat out a guy running a SeaDoo RXP 80+MPH the last 2 years for SDBA High Point Champion in the PWC class. Both PWC classes combined we have 20 total in the SDBA. Keep tabs on Welcome to the Lucas Oil Drag Boat Racing Series for a race near you. Lucas is growing the national tour and this years winnings are up to $200 from $125 for 1st. If we can consistently get 8-10 PWC's to run the money will go up next year. I know there are some people working on getting sponsorship purse money for our class but we all need to race to show interest so the PWC class sponsors will jump on board.

I can guarantee you that you have not seen anything until you see a pair of Top Fuel Hydro boats go 250+MPH on the water. You have to remember that 1 boat has as much horsepower as the first 4 rows of cars in NASCAR so 2 would have as much as the first 8 rows. Look at some of the pictures on Dragboats.com - Drag Boat Racing's Premiere Website!.

Again I am not bashing or trying to be smart with anyone, come out to at least one race and try it, you never know you may enjoy it more than you think. Like I always hear on this site it is interesting to meet and visit with others from different parts of the country.

Go to Drag Racing Option thread and I have a link to what the rings look like if you win the division with Lucas Oil.

Thread Information