Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hose clamps

Hose clamps

Is anyone uses some sort of quick connector instead of all of these hose clamps?

Seems like all of the money in these skis we could use something a little more 21st century.

Such as maybe something like this -

High Pressure Quick Connect Hose Couplings

+1
    Holy $hit you just take your stuff apart too much!

Clamps and Rings Products OETIKER International. I've got mine at McMaster, though.

Quote Originally Posted by 5001craig View Post
    Holy $hit you just take your stuff apart too much!

Clamps and Rings Products OETIKER International. I've got mine at McMaster, though.
    Very true, but I have read many a case of a hose popping off also. I thoght about oetiker and as long as the comprssion is good that should be a reasonable solution once you get good at removing them when needed.
    I know I can get various type of these at my local Lowes.

My RXT had oetikers (stock) and that type of clamp just seemed more sturdy to me; I NEVER had one pop off. For the more traditional clamps like the YAMs and KAWs have, I always make sure the fitting is spit spot clean B 4 I put the hose / hose clamp on. A quick spray of brake cleaner on the fitting and a wipe down does the trick for me. But you are on to something SHO Biz; seems there needs to be a technology uplift here . . .

I really like the T-bolt style clamp...reasonible priced too......SHObiz thats a hot avatar you got there!

+1
    T-bolt clams will break...at least they do in my case....the little strap part that holds the bar cracks......they look stupid but the oem car clams that are a wire spring you mash together keep solid tension all the time , I have not used them on a ski . they dont loosen up as the rubber takes a seat like worm gear clamps do. If its a critical application wipe a light coat of yamabond on the inside of the hose before clamping. The quick connects look cool and trick but I will stick to the simple SS worm clamps from marine store....imho

+1
    Those pinch-type factory clamps are disposable... once you pinch them to remove a hose they lose their tension and wont hold. Don't reuse them IMO.

I ran into this many times in the Automotive business where a pinch type hose clamp caused a hose to pop off (only after reinstalled after a repair)

Homer, AK, D.F., MEX., Now San Antonio, TX
    +1
    http://www.mubea.com/spring_band_clamp/index_start.html auto-adjust tension. Quick, more failsafe than anything other than a double clamp (if you have room). Need to turn the little meat hooks to a non-offending angle. Not stainless but still do pretty well. They have a heavy duty if you want to really crush.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    http://www.mubea.com/spring_band_clamp/index_start.html auto-adjust tension. Quick, more failsafe than anything other than a double clamp (if you have room). Need to turn the little meat hooks to a non-offending angle. Not stainless but still do pretty well. They have a heavy duty if you want to really crush.

My ski is full of those clamps and boy they suck! had my intercooler feed line leak straight from factory

Homer, AK, D.F., MEX., Now San Antonio, TX
    +1
    Wow, Rick. From that company? I've seen similar but not as springy on import pickups (Chevy Luv, etc.). I started using this brand on my boat and haven't seen a problem. I'd better go check then! Thx.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information