Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    250 horses and only one jocky
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    London Kent
    Posts
    118

    fuse bolwn on fuel pump walbro require bigger fuse?

    I have walbro upgrade and took ski out and fuel pump fuse blew i have heard that some of you put a slightly bigger one in as this can draw more current? I took it out in the freezing cold and it was on the limiter so am guessing the injecters went static open and caused the increase in current supplying it? I had three fuses blown in all a 3 Amp 5 Amp and a 10 Amp i know one of them is for my buzzer, but which one is for the pump? or if anyone has fuse diagram would be good, Cheers


  2. #2
    R88ory RXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    2,737
    +1
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz RXT View Post
    I have walbro upgrade and took ski out and fuel pump fuse blew i have heard that some of you put a slightly bigger one in as this can draw more current? I took it out in the freezing cold and it was on the limiter so am guessing the injecters went static open and caused the increase in current supplying it? I had three fuses blown in all a 3 Amp 5 Amp and a 10 Amp i know one of them is for my buzzer, but which one is for the pump? or if anyone has fuse diagram would be good, Cheers
    I got a diagram, in front of me now, the starter relay and fuel pump are both on the same 10 amp fuse. buzzer is on 3 amp. there are 2 5 amp fuses, one for the ECU and Start switch and the other for the TOPS sensor.

    R88

  3. #3
    250 horses and only one jocky
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    London Kent
    Posts
    118
    Cheers m8 ill see if i can get a 13Amp fuse for it to keep on the safe side, i guess its because i was on the limiter and the injecters were fully statically open the pump drew approx 12Amps according to Walbros site for a 255LPH pump, ill try and fit my new winch tonight then maybe pop round yours

  4. #4
    blackvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    west palm beach
    Posts
    520
    +1
    70
    If that doesnt fix it then get a new pump. Walbros are known to start blowing fuses when they start to go bad. They start to tighten up which causes them to draw crazy amps. Being on the limiter wont cause the pump to draw more.

  5. #5
    250 horses and only one jocky
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    London Kent
    Posts
    118
    Didnt think about that but ill put a 15Amp in and run it flat out for a while and see if it pops again but ill have a spare on me just incase.
    I have the duel RRFPR BIGI setup so at WOT i thought it would draw more demand, my idle is 45psi and WOT is 73psi and if the injecters are static wouldnt that cause more demand for the pump and in turn draw more current?

  6. #6
    R88ory RXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    2,737
    +1
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz RXT View Post
    Didnt think about that but ill put a 15Amp in and run it flat out for a while and see if it pops again but ill have a spare on me just incase.
    I have the duel RRFPR BIGI setup so at WOT i thought it would draw more demand, my idle is 45psi and WOT is 73psi and if the injecters are static wouldnt that cause more demand for the pump and in turn draw more current?
    Pump is flat out always, higher pressure causes it work a little harder but injector flow wont effect things, it could have been making it push 73PSI for a long period that blew it but I have heard of a few guys on here having to change the fuse and then not having any issues with the bigger fuse.

    That 4" intake and fixing boost leak has found you some extra power too by the sounds of it, get that three blade in and see how she takes off. I got that Buzzer if you want it.

    R88

  7. #7
    Richieb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia.
    Posts
    1,001
    On my 07 ski, the fuse is holding good for me, no issues with it blowing. The only oddity is when first fired-up, the ski says 12vlow, but thats it, all good, and runs perfectly.

    I am guessing the current pull is just enough to trigger an alarm at start only, as the dip in the supply may well be caused by the W/bro drawing hi-current on start.

    Just some more interesting facts for the forum.

  8. #8
    ctriverguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ipswich, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    1,509
    +1
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by blackvr View Post
    If that doesnt fix it then get a new pump. Walbros are known to start blowing fuses when they start to go bad. They start to tighten up which causes them to draw crazy amps. Being on the limiter wont cause the pump to draw more.

    yup, right out of the box my walbor popped fuses, then thru a code which wouldn't let the ski start, replaced with a different new walbo and problem solved.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. WTB - Parts Need 947/951 fuel selector valve and T-fitting on fuel pump body
    By Spades in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-15-2016, 01:02 PM
  2. clarity and part help on fuel pump mod
    By farbeondriven in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-17-2016, 09:46 PM
  3. electrical quick disconnect on fuel pump 2002 virage.
    By elk river rascal in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-20-2015, 09:29 PM
  4. Need advice on fuel pump for rxp
    By Jeff C in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-20-2014, 12:26 PM
  5. Need opinion on fuel pump mount
    By gvnitup in forum Polaris How To & FAQs
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-18-2007, 06:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •