Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Battery Question

Hi guys - I have been reading for quite a while.

I am changing my battery from Yuasa to Ever Start ES20LBS. My local service shop recommended to get something better than 16. They told me to get 30. Well at Walmart i could only find 20LBS.

This battery I got; however, does not have that connection for this hose. What is this hose for and what happens if it is not connected? Should I go back and get 16LBS? Newb here. Sorry.

[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Battery vent hose

+1
    I would take it back, get your money back and get a good battery. Don't skimp on your battery.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ozer19 View Post
    ... Ever Start ES20LBS

... What is this hose for ...?
    AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat) batteries do not have a vent nipple, as they do not vent gasses.

If your ES20LBS battery does not have a vent nipple, then you can just set the vent tube aside. Find somewhere safe to fasten it out of trouble.

I will say that I prefer factory sealed AGM batteries such as the Odyssey or Deka brand AGM batteries. Zero chance of leakage at any time, and no messing about with acid.

Quote Originally Posted by gators8 View Post
    I would take it back, get your money back and get a good battery. Don't skimp on your battery.
    Why? It's only if he doesn't know how to swim that the boat must start. LOL

Thank you guys. While I was waiting for your replies, I found out that other end of this hose was coming out from the forward right of the ski. I assumed since this battery does not have this vent thing, just like K447's suggestion, I taped the end of it and ziptied to one of the hoses there. Thank you for the opinions, I will feel more confident with what I have done.

I am not sure if it is cool to hijack my own thread but my cylinder compression results were 110, 120, 122 respectively. I have 2008 RXT with Stage 1 kit and through the hull exhaust. What do you think about these results? They told me the first cylinder is almost 30% less than where it should be.

It appears all three of your numbers are low. Make sure it is a quality gauge, a well charged battery especially if it is the new battery and do a search on the correct way to do a compression test.

I believe you want your numbers to be within 10% of each other. Different gauges will often give you different numbers.

+1
    [QUOTE=ozer19;1631541]Hi guys - I have been reading for quite a while.

I am changing my battery from Yuasa to Ever Start ES20LBS. My local service shop recommended to get something better than 16. They told me to get 30. Well at Walmart i could only find 20LBS.

This battery I got; however, does not have that connection for this hose. What is this hose for and what happens if it is not connected? Should I go back and get 16LBS? Newb here. Sorry.

Take the 20 back and get the correct size for your machine -- 30 series-- 2008 RXT. IF your machine had a 16 in it someone put the incorrect 1 in it then. I believe the 16 actually put out more cca's than the 20 you just installed... I recommend the DEKA.

Everthing louder than everything else! sHALlow's Avatar
    +1
    ozer, welcome to the forum. ask any question and someone will know the answer. im a novice myself but couldn't help notice you said you had a stage 1 kit. usually that means you have a different air intake system than stock. it looks like you still have your stock intake system installed. is it just because you haven't removed it or havent installed aftermarket? if anything you can lose a little weight and clear up some room for some more wrenching. good luck with everything and prepare yourself for the "itch"

+1
    Welcome to the hulk! AGM batteries are great, but require a AGM battery charger. Get one of THESE

Pauly C.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information