Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thumbs up reeds for triple pipe

I would like feedback from people on which are the best and strongest reliable reeds to use on a triple pipe ski running over 80mph,i already have a set of VF3s from Nando which i ran in my 1300r ski and they are excellent so i now what they are capable of ,but what are you triple pipe boys running on your triple pipers,if you all are on the VF3,s would it be safe for me to use my VF3,s which already have 25hrs on them but in excellent condition or buy new petals in my new project and go all new to be on the safe side

+1
    I have been running the VF3 reeds for the entire year at
    8100 rpms with no problem. I don't think there are many reeds
    out there that could stand up to the abuse and testing that
    I do on my setup. Ben

The VF3's ran great in my triple pipe boat and the M16's are running great also. I picked up 80 rpm from my new set up but it was more than just reeds so I can't say if they made a difference or not. I will advise you to look from the front of your reeds thru the cage for daylight peeking between the petal and the cage. They can splay open a little costing you bottom end. If you can't see daylight I'd use the setup you have.

I know this forum love to talk about those Vforce 3 vs Vforce 2.
    I would have to say Rius racing reeds probably the most reliable reeds out there. I have not heard ANYcomplaint about those reeds. I have over 100 hrs over 3 years with those reeds on triple pipe ski, and when we pulled them out this year it look brand new. Ask Kerry if you dont believe me.
    As far as performance between the Vforce and Rius reeds I dont know since I never had experience with the vforce.

+1
    I had some cracks in my VF3 reeds on my triple piper. It's on here somewhere with pictures. They are still 100% better than stock. You'll be fine with them. Just do some replacements every 50-100 hours or so. Look for initial signs off cracking along upper edge, and at the corners.

Cheers

Joe, you should be able to get many more hours out of them reeds. If you need a fresh set let me know since I got them in stock!!!!!

There is a different set of reed cages that I have also use with great results but unfortunately they will not work with OEM carbs and they do not have a reed stopper which I think is one of the reasons for the longevity of the V-Force III's

Ditto on the Rius racing reeds. Have mine for 5 yrs on a racing superstock ski and still look brand new. Best reeds on the market or he wouldnt use them..

Quote Originally Posted by sponge racing View Post
    Ditto on the Rius racing reeds. Have mine for 5 yrs on a racing superstock ski and still look brand new. Best reeds on the market or he wouldnt use them..
    how expensive are the rius reeds and will the even be worth it on a basicly stock boat vs the vf2 or vf3?

I would say that they can be used on any boat just like the other reeds..But you put them in and dont ever worrie about um..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information