+1

FX140 Reduction Nozzle with HO Stator

Decided to upgrade the pump in my FX140. I have the 1052cc engine and have been spinning a 13/19 solas on standstill starts, really bad cavitation in the hole. Pump has been sealed up with the riva PPK.

Moving to the HO pump and dynafly 14/20, should eliminate that prop spin on startup.

My question is related to the reduction nozzle on the FX140. I am changing the stator (impeller duct) with one from a VX110, same FXHO pump stator, but I didnt think about replacing the reduction nozzle. I noticed that the exit nozzle (steering) is much smaller on the FX140 and will replace that with a SHO or GPR nozzle. Any issues leaving the F140 reduction nozzle in this setup or should I grab the VX reduction nozzle as well?

+1
    UPDATE:

The HO Impeller Duct (Stator) and Dynafly 14/20 really improved holeshot. In fact, the ski is unbelievable out the hole, very aggressive and zero cavitation. My worries are on the top end. I am getting 59.4GPS as my max speed, I feel I should be moving a bit faster than this.

The 66V Steering nozzle did not fit around the FX140 reduction nozzle, so I had to leave the FX140 reduction nozzle and steering nozzle in place after the stator upgrade. I feel as if this is where my bottleneck is. I have access to the reduction nozzle from a 2001 XLT1200 the 3 degree nozzle and will use the 66v steering nozzle with this combo. Can I get any feedback from the experts here before I spend the cash on the XLT reduction nozzle.

Look forward to your posts.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bex View Post
    UPDATE:

The HO Impeller Duct (Stator) and Dynafly 14/20 really improved holeshot. In fact, the ski is unbelievable out the hole, very aggressive and zero cavitation. My worries are on the top end. I am getting 59.4GPS as my max speed, I feel I should be moving a bit faster than this.

The 66V Steering nozzle did not fit around the FX140 reduction nozzle, so I had to leave the FX140 reduction nozzle and steering nozzle in place after the stator upgrade. I feel as if this is where my bottleneck is. I have access to the reduction nozzle from a 2001 XLT1200 the 3 degree nozzle and will use the 66v steering nozzle with this combo. Can I get any feedback from the experts here before I spend the cash on the XLT reduction nozzle.

Look forward to your posts.

If you are getting 59.4 on gps as long as you don't have a Riva rpm kit that is exactly where you should be. Do you mind posting the 140 nozzle size. Thanks,Julio...

+1
    the xlt reduction nozzle is 87mm and 3 degrees the fx 140 nozzle is 87mm and 5 degrees. the xlt nozzle will be around 1 mph slower than the 5 degree but will hook up in the chop alittle better.

if you went to the ho pump and solas dynafly, you should get a gp1300 nozzle wich is 85mm and 5 degrees.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by abracadabra View Post
    Do you mind posting the 140 nozzle size. Thanks,Julio...
    87mm

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 305coco View Post
    87mm
    Thanks Jorge

+1
    Thanks for the replies guys...The 1300 85mm 5* nozz should provide a bit better top speed with a slight loss out of the hole. The reduction nozz will also need to be tapped for the reverse bucket or does it come tapped?

This is for a FX140 Cruiser, stock ignition/fuel/electrics with the FX160 long block and pistons. What does the stock FXHO come with in terms of reduction nozzle sizes?

Thread Information