What do you guys think?

Is the pricing about right on this ski? I've only owned 2 strokes and am pretty familiar with how they work and what to look for. Is there anything different that i should look for on this ski? Any common problems I should be aware with this model? Thanks

http://brownsville.en.craigslist.org/boa/2184544569.html

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dapal79 View Post
    Is the pricing about right on this ski? I've only owned 2 strokes and am pretty familiar with how they work and what to look for. Is there anything different that i should look for on this ski? Any common problems I should be aware with this model? Thanks

http://brownsville.en.craigslist.org/boa/2184544569.html
    That's the first year they came out, they had GIO issue, you need to check the inside of the hull and remove the cover where the pulleys are and look for rust and corosion on the pulleys and around it, that gonna give you a good idea of the post ride maintnance, the jet pump shaft and bearing has to be upgrade to 2010 or 2011 spec, at 50hrs it have to be done right away, test drive and check boost psi it should be around 11.4 psi

What is GIO?

+1
    What is GIO?
    gas in oil due to piston blowby

What about price? Does this look high, low?

+1
    What about price? Does this look high, low?
    that depend of the condition,if in good mechanical cond the price seem fair

What should compression be? Is the procedure to test compression the same as a two stroke? if not what do i do different?

+1
    What should compression be? Is the procedure to test compression the same as a two stroke? if not what do i do different?
    To start you better go for a test ride,if the engine run strong at about 7700rpm and the SC boost is around 11,4 psi, i don't see the necessity of a comp test but if you want to you need to warm the ski, unplug the coils and then take your test, the manual said it should read between 172 to 260psi

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    compressions are almost the least of your initial concerns when looking at a 2nd hand late model FUEL INJECTED ski

Corrosion on the engine bay shouls be Zero if it has been maintained well ( electicial conections DO NOT like corrosion )
    NO rust on any of the steel puulies and bolts
    Cable should be nice and free ( same as the oldr skiies )
    all the water cooling hoses should still feel firm , not squishy from some one spraying the wrong lube over them

Engine :
    Oil should will have some slight smell of FUEL , but excess watered down oil means its got bigger probs or they have been very poor in the servicing..... ( you cant leave them to do 25hr on a oil change in stock form )

Valve train noise should NOT be heard ( not tapping from ANY valve clearances )
    NO oil leaks etc ( check the bilge to see any residue )
    compression as per manual (173 ∼ 261 psi) @430r/min (rpm)............love their big range they provide

general condition will tell u alot about its history...........but wont tell you everything
    ask for any

obviously ask for any service records.......

Waz

Personally I have a 07 NEVER had ANY problem with it.............( but I do Maintain mine correctly/better than most....look at tips section for flushing )

Thread Information