the 1495 engine itself

hi all. i am curios of how the 4-tec engine is designed. i would apperciate if wome of you guys would post some pics of the the engine all tore apart, especailly a complete cylinder head ready to install(cams and valves and all). i just cant find a lot of info on these great motors. thanks

+1
    Attachment 229515Attachment 229516Attachment 229513Attachment 229514
    Quote Originally Posted by mossbergman View Post
    hi all. i am curios of how the 4-tec engine is designed. i would apperciate if wome of you guys would post some pics of the the engine all tore apart, especailly a complete cylinder head ready to install(cams and valves and all). i just cant find a lot of info on these great motors. thanks

Banned User
    +1
    I still can't believe they haven't closed the deck in all these years, but I suppose its not a big deal until you start hitting big boost... But, I wonder if it would prevent some HG issues anyway?

thanks. so does the cam ride on the saddles on the top or in the holes in the head. also the cam only has 3 lobes per cylinder? is it a system with roller finger followers or rocker arms or what? EDIT i found a picture with the rocker arms on and that is some funky valvetrain with that one lobe and rockerarm actuating 2 valves and the 2 other valves having thier own arms and lobes. this is the first engine ive seen set up like that. one more ? though. whats that second shaft in the block that runs off the main crank do?
    Last edited by mossbergman; 02-13-2011 at 10:50 PM. Reason: i gots i little more smarter

Quote Originally Posted by mossbergman View Post
    thanks. so does the cam ride on the saddles on the top or in the holes in the head. also the cam only has 3 lobes per cylinder? is it a system with roller finger followers or rocker arms or what? EDIT i found a picture with the rocker arms on and that is some funky valvetrain with that one lobe and rockerarm actuating 2 valves and the 2 other valves having thier own arms and lobes. this is the first engine ive seen set up like that. one more ? though. whats that second shaft in the block that runs off the main crank do?
    damn forgot to add the pic.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/atta...p-pict0060.jpg

Thread Information