Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Low rpms

Low rpms

Hi all been having a drama with my ultra lost of max rpm I usually get 7950 max rpms now lam getting 7650,7450 keeps getting those rpms l Changed plugs still the same put another bov spare l had sitting around no change check belt clamps ic all good l drained fuel tank put new fuel in still no change lam getting around 10,11 pound boost it some times gets a miss when it's on flush after a few mints on hose last around 40sec then gose then comes back don't know if that's got any think to do with rpm lost l taken it to ski shop they said it's ok rpm r normal how can that be when l always get 7950 that not right any help would be great......?

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by dobbo View Post
    Hi all been having a drama with my ultra lost of max rpm I usually get 7950 max rpms now lam getting 7650,7450 keeps getting those rpms l Changed plugs still the same put another bov spare l had sitting around no change check belt clamps ic all good l drained fuel tank put new fuel in still no change lam getting around 10,11 pound boost it some times gets a miss when it's on flush after a few mints on hose last around 40sec then gose then comes back don't know if that's got any think to do with rpm lost l taken it to ski shop they said it's ok rpm r normal how can that be when l always get 7950 that not right any help would be great......?
    4-1 exhaust manifold gasket
    intercooler dirty ( flush it )

Waz

were in Aust are u ?
    who has been looking at the ski ?

Hi waz lam in brisy mate l flush the ic every time l take it out its set up that l flush it separate from the motor.

+1
    i think he means flush the intercooler internally, the air intake side. lol

l took my ic out today to clean it (what waz said could be the problom thanks waz) and found that the core mite be leaking had corrision marks that look like it has at the bottom of ic lam going to presser test it 2morrow and c what comes up l will let yous all know. Has any 1 heard of this happening.

+1
    it wont be leaking if you have never cleaned it before thats what they collect each time you ride

hi all pressure tested ic today out come not good has 2pin holes at the bottom of core.the core was a bit dirty on the inlet side from fogging oil the exit side had alot of corrison from the leak l all ways flushed it and ride in fresh water every 2months the ski has 56hrs on it lam very fussy with my ski takes me 3hrs to clean it after every ride so l dont know y this happen.lam thinkng of filling the bottom of the core with resion do you s think this mite work. dose any 1 have any idears that could fix it. all so has any 1 heard of this happening.?????????

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by dobbo View Post
    hi all pressure tested ic today out come not good has 2pin holes at the bottom of core.the core was a bit dirty on the inlet side from fogging oil the exit side had alot of corrison from the leak l all ways flushed it and ride in fresh water every 2months the ski has 56hrs on it lam very fussy with my ski takes me 3hrs to clean it after every ride so l dont know y this happen.lam thinkng of filling the bottom of the core with resion do you s think this mite work. dose any 1 have any idears that could fix it. all so has any 1 heard of this happening.?????????
    take it to your local AUTOMOTIVE radator shop,
    they WILL have some 2 part resin that they use on Automotive radators that are thin alloy

have done it in the past and worked fine

Waz

+1
    ok i was wrong sounds very odd though so you would also have a boost leak and water in the inlet manifold

Hi all l used my mates ic in my ski went to start it and f1 code comes up could it be the ic sender not working l started the ski hopping it will go away when its running but it runs really roughy l shut it down straight away a box looking thing comes up on dash With f1 any 1 nows what it means...?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information