Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

a question about the NA 1235 motor

does it have a forged rotating assy? also what compression ratio does the NA motor run? thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mossbergman View Post
    does it have a forged rotating assy? also what compression ratio does the NA motor run? thanks
    It does not have the forged internals like the turbo. The primary compression is higher than the turbo.

i wonder how long the NA rotating assy would live if you swapped the turbo stuff onto it and ran it on race gas. with the boost in compression it might run like a striped assed ape, assuming it didn't blow up. maybe when i have more $ to burn, i'll try it...

+1
    i wonder how long the NA rotating assy would live if you swapped the turbo stuff onto it and ran it on race gas. with the boost in compression it might run like a striped assed ape, assuming it didn't blow up. maybe when i have more $ to burn, i'll try it...
    That is a cool thing to try! But do not use the Ecu from the X it is limited 6500 RPM Use the Na Ecu it's good for 7750 RPM here the proof http://www.hondanews.com/channels/po...-f-12-features

+1
    It would be a race-gas-only motor with 12+ initial compression. It still would not be as as strong as a turbo since the turbos have larger volume combustion chambers that achieve high "boosted" compression/high compressed volume for a much more powerful explosion.

+1
    JRINJAX What up dude? Did you know the cam's are bigger in the NA motor than the X motor ! I just found out to night with my Digital caliper there's is a pretty big difference on the height on the lobe if you want's some numbers let me know.

well i guess im not following ya there. i always thought that boosted motors in general had lower CR's to cope with the extra pressure seen with boost. I know this is apples to oranges, but i think this would prove my concept. 2006 Ford Mustang GT Compression Ratio Comparison - Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords

well i guess im not following ya there. i always thought that boosted motors in general had lower CR's to cope with the extra pressure seen with boost. I know this is apples to oranges, but i think this would prove my concept. 2006 Ford Mustang GT Compression Ratio Comparison - Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords
    You are correct. I wouldn't think that a turbo (the motor itself) on a 12 to 1 motor would last too long. But, been wrong before, so who knows.

another option would be to run it on E85 (aout 105 octane) and use the forged crank and rods from the turbo boat and use the high compression piston from an NA boat. just thinkin out loud.

+1
    I threw that idea out there at Ramon as he has an NA ski at the shop right now. I think the compression of the NA's are like 11.1/1 which is really high. I think on race gas the motor might be able to handle 5-6 LBS(maybe a couple lbs more) but anything over that I think the engine will go boom. I think it would run really nice on 5-6 LBS.

E85 is also another option to race gas, just tuning is a little bit different with it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information