Thread: never2muchspeed

never2muchspeed

i have a yamaha fx sho a made the cheap air intake and a cheap fre flow exaust and have a riva intake grate,riva ride plate solas 13/22 impeler seal pump kit and aintake manifold ring is runing 69.8 gps i weigh 260 and with a full tank.my friend is 225 and it runs 70.0 i heard tha if i put a r&d intake grade will run 2 more miles its that true.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by never2muchspeed View Post
    i have a yamaha fx sho a made the cheap air intake and a cheap fre flow exaust and have a riva intake grate,riva ride plate solas 13/22 impeler seal pump kit and aintake manifold ring is runing 69.8 gps i weigh 260 and with a full tank.my friend is 225 and it runs 70.0 i heard tha if i put a r&d intake grade will run 2 more miles its that true.

Not true to the best of my knowledge. You will need a RIVA VIPEC ECU, it will unleash fifty horse powers and you will pick up a few miles an hour. If for some reason you can't afford the ECU you can always get an R&D ECU reflash service, this route will require some fine tuning calibration tho. Good luck and take care, Julio...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by never2muchspeed View Post
    if i put a r&d intake grade will run 2 more miles its that true.
    On flat water no, but in rough water you will be able to run 2+ mph faster than you would have with the stock grate.
    It's also best to have the after market grate on any modified skis. The stock grates can cause some unsafe conditions if the ski is pushed past stock speeds.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    On flat water no, but in rough water you will be able to run 2+ mph faster than you would have with the stock grate.
    It's also best to have the after market grate on any modified skis. The stock grates can cause some unsafe conditions if the ski is pushed past stock speeds.

Jerry, he is already running the Riva grate, Julio...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by abracadabra View Post
    Jerry, he is already running the Riva grate, Julio...
    thanks for pointing that out.

So now to answer the original posters question, no the R&D grate will not be 2 mph faster than the Riva grate.

+1
    I know not the same ski but I gained 1.4 MPH when going from the Riva grate to the R&D

I have not tested the new SS Riva grate so it may be different

Quote Originally Posted by shhr View Post
    I know not the same ski but I gained 1.4 MPH when going from the Riva grate to the R&D

I have not tested the new SS Riva grate so it may be different

I could agree to an increase of maybe 1 mph in general. I see items such as a grate as more for assisting with hookup and guiding water into the pump not just speed. A top speed of 90+ mph is worthless if it takes 1o minutes to get there.

+1
    Do you mean R&D intake grate, or ride plate? The R&D ride plate is supposed to increase top speed by 2 mph. I just tried mine out with the R&D ride plate, and the top speed and handling improvements were noticeable, but I did not GPS it to see exactly how much I gained. I also changed the impeller at the same time, so the gains are from a combo of the parts.

Thread Information