Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

rxp-x dipped in salt water

rxp-x '07 submerged in salt water. tried to start engine after draining and not running. i was not surprised but i need your help on what to do next.

pls help. thanks

gotta check how much water got in the engine your gonna have to give it a couple oil changes back to back to flush it out remove the plugs and crank it to try and get the water out of the cylinders the more the oil looks like milk the more water you have in there

and make sure you let all the wiring dry out before connecting the key leave the batt disconnected while drying

What they said above and...

Remove all the water from both the Intake plumbing and the Supercharger outlet and do the "Boil-out" procedure in the manual to get any water out of the Oil / Inside the engine. Remove the Oil Filter when doing the first couple Oil changes too, if there is any water in the Oil it will collapse the Filter pleats and restrict Oil flow. You can use regular (cheap) Pennzoil to do the Oil changes until all the "milkyness" is gone, then refill with quality Oil and a new Filter.

Your gonna need one of these >>> http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=864

"Submerged Ski" starts on page #30, "Boil Out" procedure starts on pg. 31

http://seadoomanuals.net/download/pd...hop-manual.pdf

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    More than likely your intake manifold (along with everything else) is full of water, and until you pull it off to drain it out.... you'll keep filling up the engine with water. Pull your intake manifold, remove your spark plugs, and perform at least 4-5 oil changes before you try to start it again. You don't have alot of time to screw around with an engine full of salt water! How long has it been in there?

+1
    Get the salt out asap.
    How long has it been since dipped?

Do as others stated, remove intake Mani so You don't keep putting water in the block.

Not trying to be a smart ass but its either an X or a 07, not both.

I would also hose the entire ski out with fresh water ...over and over..and them liberally coat with wd-40

sorry rxp '07

it has been 3 days now. haven't had the engine running. i'll try to work on the ski today.

+1
    3 days, you have like 3 hours max before the "boil out" time runs out. You may need to rebuild, once salt hits the rings they stick and you will only destroy your cylinders if its run. The longer you wait the more your cylinder walls will rust amongst other things. Exhaust Valves, Timing Chain ect.

I'll second that. I had the intercooler spring a leak and I was amazed how much water the intake holds. It took only two days to completely ruin my engine.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    More than likely your intake manifold (along with everything else) is full of water, and until you pull it off to drain it out.... you'll keep filling up the engine with water. Pull your intake manifold, remove your spark plugs, and perform at least 4-5 oil changes before you try to start it again. You don't have alot of time to screw around with an engine full of salt water! How long has it been in there?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information