Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Been gone for awhile, now really looking to step up performance

Hey guys, I have been gone for a little over a year with overseas deployment and family stuff. I am looking to take my ski from 75mph to somewhere close to 85. I just use the ski to toy around with and ride about 20hrs a season or less. Last I was really on here the rude 3 was just coming out and I was convinced that I wanted it. Now I am not 100% because of reliability. I have no desire to go with anything other than stock ecu. I want a "decently" reliable ski, but I am not against having to do some work on it either.

What route do you guys think I should take? I have been searching but cant find anything to convince me any certain way. I dont really want to spend much more than 3-3.5k or less if possible.

+1
    3000 budget could be pushing it.......an 85mph ski take quite a bit of work over a 75 mph ski. I see a turbo in your future and some motor work

+1
    To go that fast you will need an ECU more than likely bro. Not sure if u can reach that with turbo etc with stock ecu, especially with only around 3k. What mods do you have now?

+1
    To get to 80 it's not tgat bad and I'd say it'll cost you about $1500-2000 to get you there. But from 80 on it seems that for every 1 mph=$1,000. Unless you go turbo but that too has it's expenses.

My recommendations with your current setup is. Go with an ET 68-140 or a 2 Rude and get a RIVA ecu, 50 lb injectors and driverrain upgrade and you should be around the 85 mph range more or less.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by XChris1632X View Post
    Hey guys, I have been gone for a little over a year with overseas deployment and family stuff. I am looking to take my ski from 75mph to somewhere close to 85. I just use the ski to toy around with and ride about 20hrs a season or less. Last I was really on here the rude 3 was just coming out and I was convinced that I wanted it. Now I am not 100% because of reliability. I have no desire to go with anything other than stock ecu. I want a "decently" reliable ski, but I am not against having to do some work on it either.

What route do you guys think I should take? I have been searching but cant find anything to convince me any certain way. I dont really want to spend much more than 3-3.5k or less if possible.
    Welcome back!!

You will be hard pressed to get a stock ecu RXP to 85 mph with unlimited budget.
    80 can be acomplished, but if 85 is your goal your going to need more rpms.

For me reliability comes before speed. I really do not want to go turbo or any aftermarket ecu right now. If I can only get to 80 then so be it. I thought that there was a guy doing 84 with stock ecu rude 3 right before I left so that was what I was basing my numbers off of. I guess 85 is a bad number to shoot for. I guess what I can say is that I want 80+ and to go as fast as I can without breaking into that realm of turbo or ecu.

+1
    You can send your sc for a ET 68/140 LE conversion for $900 and pick up an rrpfr and slightly bigger injectors, 15/20r prop and go from there. Go over your head bolts to make sure they are torqued correctly.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by XChris1632X View Post
    For me reliability comes before speed. I really do not want to go turbo or any aftermarket ecu right now. If I can only get to 80 then so be it. I thought that there was a guy doing 84 with stock ecu rude 3 right before I left so that was what I was basing my numbers off of. I guess 85 is a bad number to shoot for. I guess what I can say is that I want 80+ and to go as fast as I can without breaking into that realm of turbo or ecu.
    If you want reliability then don't go with anything larger then a 2Rude. Then if not maintained properly the ski becomes unreliable. The 2 Rude with I'd say 48LB injectors would get you in the 80MPH range. You will also need to pitch your prop to something like a 15/24 and get an RRFPR.

Many people have ran the RIVA ECU for many hours with no problems at all so I'd say it's reliable.

+1
    X charger + riva ecu + 50lb inj + valvetrain upgrade...= 80+ mph
    WAY MORE RELIABLE THAN A BIG CHARGER/STOCK ECU/RRFPR....

+1
    If we are talking reliability here, I think you have some other issues to attend to first seeing as though your ski is an 04.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information