Water ingestion?

Dealer says I have water in one of my cylinders..

They state that I either

- Flipped my jetski
    - Put it in the water for long periods of time

I haven't done one of those.

Now they're saying that it's not covered under warranty.

Is this true?

They also noticed that one of my spark plugs is broken right inside the head.

My jetski is a 2010 Ultra 260x With 50hrs on the odo and every service was done at the dealers and they always mention that the plugs were "healthy" and "didnt need" to be changed.

They also noticed that one of my spark plugs is broken right inside the head.

My jetski is a 2010 Ultra 260x With 50hrs on the odo and every service was done at the dealers and they always mention that the plugs were "healthy" and "didnt need" to be changed.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Plugs dont break by them self.

A. Either over tightened
    B. last person never put anti-sieze on them
    C. water/rust is either bad flushing/blowing out technique OR leaking gasket

IF you dont clear out the residue water in exhaust after flushing and before storing you will potentialy cause rust on some plugs / valves.

Start it over the next few days and re clear the exhausts......... FACT !!!!!!!!!!!

Waz

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayman View Post
    Dealer says I have water in one of my cylinders..

They state that I either

- Flipped my jetski
    - Put it in the water for long periods of time

I haven't done one of those.

Now they're saying that it's not covered under warranty.

Is this true?
    If these things didn't happen then stand up to the dealer. Because that's what a warranty is for, especially if they are the only ones who have touched it.

In the mean time read this thread from Waz.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/kawa...-4-stroke.html

If you get time read all 5 pages on the tech-tips-info section. you will learn a lot.
    Good luck.

I don't think it is possible to get 100% of the water out of the waterbox after a ride by just blipping the throttle for 15 to 20 seconds ater you are done flushing (or done riding for the day in fresh water). I will start the Ultra up about once a week even when I am not riding it in an attempt to disperse any condensation in the cylinders (which in turn can corrode the plugs some). My plugs have always looked good so I think I am going about matters the right way. . .

I am now wondering if it would be a good idea to just remove all 4 spark plugs from the cylinders if the Ski has to sit for an extended period of time without being started? I have seen some Plugs from some friends Ultras that look really corroded / rusted and the theme has always been the same . . . ski sat for a looong time without being started. I hate to add 1 more ongoing maintenance item to this boat but as we all know "moisture" and "water" is the enemy of a marine engine, but that is the environment in which our Skis live!

Would taking the spark plugs out while the boat is sitting for extended periods of time be a good idea??? JB

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post
    I don't think it is possible to get 100% of the water out of the waterbox after a ride by just blipping the throttle for 15 to 20 seconds ater you are done flushing (or done riding for the day in fresh water). I will start the Ultra up about once a week even when I am not riding it in an attempt to disperse any condensation in the cylinders (which in turn can corrode the plugs some). My plugs have always looked good so I think I am going about matters the right way. . .

I am now wondering if it would be a good idea to just remove all 4 spark plugs from the cylinders if the Ski has to sit for an extended period of time without being started? I have seen some Plugs from some friends Ultras that look really corroded / rusted and the theme has always been the same . . . ski sat for a looong time without being started. I hate to add 1 more ongoing maintenance item to this boat but as we all know "moisture" and "water" is the enemy of a marine engine, but that is the environment in which our Skis live!

Would taking the spark plugs out while the boat is sitting for extended periods of time be a good idea??? JB
    I cant see why you cant do that, just block off the holes so moister doesn't get down.my plugs rust heaps compared to others.
    I might remove them from week to week.

Thread Information