New Ski Question

Hi All,

I apologize for the incredibly n00bness of this post. I got a new truck, and I've always wanted a PWC so now is the time that I'm looking to buy my first ski. But the problem I'm running into is that I would like a stand-up 2-stroke, and I'm not sure exactly what the regulations are concerning this. I would most likely buy used (as new would require me to go out of state, plus I'd rather save and get a used one) but I have a few questions mainly how hard will it be to register the ski in the upcoming years, and what kind of limitations are there in California?

I've searched around, and my apologies if this information is listed somewhere that I missed. I'm trying to collect the info ahead of time, so that I don't end up buying a toy I can't use, find parts for, or have difficulty riding without getting in trouble by the law. Thank you SO much for your response.

+1
    Welcome aboard, Longfin!

Sorry, I really don't know the answer to your question. 2-strokes are banned on some lakes, but I'm sure there are places in California where you can run them.

Cool - yeah I think I'm going to look for a 550 that's in good condition to play around with. I know I can't ride at Tahoe (it's pretty cold I don't think I'd want to), but I'm sure there are still plenty of freshwater areas to ride.

+1
    If you can't find definitive info, at least go to the lakes that you plan to visit and ask. Tahoe is definitely out, and some other national parks are out, too.

Thread Information