Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RXT-X 260 P0127 Fault Code

Hey everyone...so for about 3 months now i have been enjoying my ski without any problems until now. Last time out my check engine light came on with the code P0127 didn't know what it could be but either way i docked it and immediately started to do research. Now from what i can tell its the air temp sensor caused by an intercooler issue...correct me if i am wrong. Before i go any further, understand that i live in Trinidad in the Caribbean so i can't go to a dealer or gain access to a BUDS system, i am doing the best with what little i have in both tools and knowledge so any help would be greatly appriciated.

Anyway so like i said it has been throwing this code off each time i start to ride, however when i have it on land running it off the hose, neither the light nor the fault code would appear. My knowledge is very limited, still learning as i am going, however me and my mechanic went through the system and the intercooler was clogged, we cleared it out along with flushing all the lines and pretty much any other area we could just to be sure. i took it out again hoping nothing would happen, but unfortunately the code came on again. this time i also noticed that the ski could barely cross 60 mph, so clearly we missed something.

We cleaned the circulating system with a fine tooth comb, the only thing i can think off is not having access to BUDS to reset the code...we have Scan Sea...but need to wait for the software update for my ski. Is the severe drop in power mechanical? or is it because the code is still present that the ski has limited itself? what more should or could i check to fix this problem? could my intercooler be shot and need replacement?

Thanks in advance for any help that could be offered.

+1
    Only active faults will throw a code till the condition is fixed now the code will be stored and BUDs or Candoo can read faults that have occurred. I would test the sensor it is located on the front of the intake manifold if the sensor tests OK I would say your inter cooler is still clogged or failed. Remember the ECM uses the temp to alter the fuel and timing curve so your performance will suffer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2009Sea-dooServiceManual.jpg 
Views:	2282 
Size:	107.4 KB 
ID:	229829  

+1
    Yup, manual states that code is due to "High air intake temp. detected. Fault detected when the engine is running and stopped. Blocked intercooler water circuit."
    FIX - Clean intercooler water circuit system.
    You don't have a strainer in line do you?

Ok i shall test the meter to see if that may be the problem. any idea what sort of resistance range i should get? if that is not the problem then i am sure that the intercooler has to be replaced because we made sure to clean it throughly, so i am almost certain that the clogging is no longer the issue, the intercooler is either shot or the sensor is in my opinion. Stockmoto everything on my ski is still 100% stock. anything else i should take a look at or is it pretty much as i assume?

also i was looking at my engine temp as well while running and i am curious as to what range i should be getting...it was between 200 and 218F...it that range harmful to the ski and if so is this all a result of a possible faulty intercooler ?

chek ur intecoller hose,,,,

so clearly my engine is overheating too ??...damn i could have sword i cleaned through that system throughly...i will run through it again...if all that and still no luck i am starting to fear that i will have to replace that intercooler

i have had an 09 rxpx and a 2010 rxtx have the sensor fail which causes this code.

Hey guys, I know this thread has been dead for some time but I have a 2012 rxp x 260 that I am having troubles with that sound exactly the same, runs alright on the hose but on the lake, idles fine but throws the light on and code p0 127. Had the intercooler off multiple times to clean and tried running water through the lines with it off too just in case there is some blockage elsewhere in the lines. How did things go for you an what was the issue?

+1
    I ended up having the same code issues in the spring. Replaced the sensor. All is good!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information