Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone used the R&D Pro Steering Nozzle

Like the title says, anyhave have any comments about it?

Sea-Doo RXP Pro Steering Nozzle - Now Available

THE R&D RXP 215 Pro Series Steering Nozzle was developed to replace the OEM steering nozzles oval and stepped inner design shape with a race proven high performance round Venturi design. Improved acceleration, cornering, and top speed performance! The new R&D RXP 215 Nozzle also incorporates a cast in boss for the R&D Auto Trim Kit Option.

Pt. # 163-21500

Jay

R&D nozzle

I have used the one with the auto drop. the diameter is bigger. only recommend use it on closed course that when you find the difference. with the auto drop.

does it help the top speed

What about on Super Course?

+1
    I never used one on the RXP, but a similiar nozzle made by R&D and also by Solas really improved speed and handling on the Kawi Ultra. I believe that it gives the best bang for the buck on those skis. Adds about 1 mph, and makes he steering much more responsive. It also helped in tracking over rough water and lessened the porposing The only downside was that it put additional stress on the steering cable. Anyone want to try the R&D nozzle, I have one in stock that you can purchase for dealer cost. Just give your honest evaluation to the forum members.

Richard

I have one on and am happy with the performance. Accelertion feels a tad slower, but that can be different conditions,etc.. With basically a stage 1 kit with a vent fan this past weekend, I pulled 8100 RPM in 106 degree desert heat. I don't have any solid proof of gains but I am definitely not UNhappy with it..

Quote Originally Posted by way2fast
    Anyone want to try the R&D nozzle, I have one in stock that you can purchase for dealer cost.
    Im interested, how much $ am I looking at?

Jay

I have the R&D on my RXP, and have had it on since the WF last year. I like it!!! It's used withe R&D's sponsons (down) and their grate also. I
    had to play with it at first, because it is designed to be used with their 2 1/2 degree wedge, which I didn't use at first, then added. Make sure you pay close attention to the outlet angle, about 88-90 degrees works best. I believe Glen from PPG uses one on his machine also. I'm stock engine, with Riva inlet and SC wheel, RR intercooler and racing ECU. Still playing with the prop but running over 70 at 1200' (Lake Mead) in 105+ temps and no density to the air. (DRY!) Terry

After reading the posts, I should advise I'm using it as the auto drop nozzle, and the fiddling was with the "holeshot" rod you must use for the auto drop. Sorry to be incomplete. I really like it now that I have the basic adjustment and how much drop I want figured out. Terry

+1
    Jay; I sold the one I had in stock at my cost ($101.50 plus shipping) about 10 minutes after I made the post. I want to see what the purchaser thinks of it. I believe he will like it. He should be using it next weekend, if the newest "storm" doesn't ruin the weather down here.

Richard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information