Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Blidge pump on rxtz260 rs

Hi some question. I have seen here someone that has put a oem blidge pump in the rxtx260 and others with aftermarket. In these two ways i jave seen there are differences in position of pump in the hull and in the choice of the outlet.

According to you which is the best solution?

Oem is near the battery and outlet int he upper part of the pump area while aftermakets solution are in front of the engine and outlet down the seat!

Which is the best way?

Thank you

+1
    Daniele,

Obviously having a bilge pump is important! The advantage of the way I did my install is simply, access to the pump itself and the outlet being visible 100% of the time.

By installing the bilge pump in front of the engine, it is easy to install and maintain, and is on a low spot on the hull. You will notice that water pools in this area while sitting still on the water with the seat raised. The OEM location is a PITA to install.

The outlet located next to my left knee is great, because while riding you know immediately if the bilge pump is running! How would you ever know the bilge pump is running at the OEM location at the rear of the ski????

My brother in laws ski, took a piss every now and then, letting him know he had a leak somewhere in the ski! We found later, a sponson bolt was loose and letting in water into the ski. Having the outlet near or under the water line you would not notice the pump running.

The other thing to consider is this, you want the bilge pump to run on battery power and NOT have to have the DESS key on or installed! You want it to come on Automatically when required, you want to be able to turn it OFF, and you want to be able to turn it on MANUALLY as desired!

Good luck with your install!

I too mounted mine in front of the engine and have the outlet into the side of the footwell

Very good chart jp!!!! Now i have clear my decision of installation. I have bought a manual 500 gph and i will put a 5A fuse plus a switch and mayba an automatic switch if i find which could be good for watercraft ski... Someone says to me that polaris ski uses a ggod automatic switch that dectect water, do you know which is? Which name?

Thank you for your inputs!

Quote Originally Posted by danieletrono View Post
    Very good chart jp!!!! Now i have clear my decision of installation. I have bought a manual 500 gph and i will put a 5A fuse plus a switch and mayba an automatic switch if i find which could be good for watercraft ski... Someone says to me that polaris ski uses a ggod automatic switch that dectect water, do you know which is? Which name?

Thank you for your inputs!
    BILGE PUMP KIT
    Keeps engine compartment dry. Includes 460 gph bilge pump,
    stainless steel mounting bracket, bilge fitting, hose and hardware
    necessary for installation.
    295100359 - 2010 and prior models with iBR*
    295100434 - 2011 models with iBR* and GTS 2011
    $124.99

BRP Sea-Doo - Catalog - Parts, Accessories & Riding Gear

Banned User
    +1
    I always thought the best place for a bilge is the compromise between furthest back/lowest point... Too far forward and its pretty much useless until you have filled 1/4 of your hull with water when underway/accelerating.

??

+1
    rule already make a fully automatic 500gph pump daniel simple to install with a 3 pos switch.

I would use a separate electronic switch, much smaller and more reliable than a float switch. I also prefer this over the automatic rule's as the pump will only come on when needed.

+1
    Yup, mine is forward of the motor and discharges in the footwell via a manual switch I mounted in the glovebox.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lolzer View Post
    I always thought the best place for a bilge is the compromise between furthest back/lowest point... Too far forward and its pretty much useless until you have filled 1/4 of your hull with water when underway/accelerating.

??
    Yes that is true but, consider that when the ski is under power and running the "stock bailer system" should remove the water in the hull almost completely. If you lose a water box hose, exhaust hose, carbon seal fail, etc. the bailer system can't keep up with the water coming in, the bilge pump may keep you a float long enough to get to shore. If you stop to deal with any situation on the water, it's gonna do the job. As far as the water exit, just as any boat, I want to be able to see that the bilge pump is running. Just my opinion........

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information