How to remove lime deposits around jet thrust nozzle

I just checked my f-15 for the first time since I got it winterized and I noticed that there are some lime deposits on the metal plate around the jet thrust nozzle. I can't reach my hand very far back in the area and I have no ideas on how to remove it. Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't know if the deposits would easily come off during my first ride/flushing of the season, or do I need to use chemicals? Thanks!

+1
    You might try Salt Away which contains sulformic acid. make sure you don't get it on your mouth/face or you'll be sorry.

+1
    I don't think it's cause for concern... unless you are a neat freak, and the pump is a tough area to keep clean, plus it's under water most of the time... There's a product called lime away, I wouldn't use CLR unless you read the label...

To clean my ski's I use a 50/50 mix of lime away and water, spray a bit, wash it clean. Really cuts through waterspots. You should be able to find it at Wal-Mart

Thanks a lot guys

+1
    Get some CRC-656 and spray everything that's metal. I thought it was dumb and it would gum everything up (so does my dad... everytime I spray after riding he makes a comment). Of course if you are in salt wash it off first and always flush your ride... My '05 R-12x that I bought left over on 6-'07 now with 125ish hours looks pretty much brand new due to the CRC-656, I give it high grades, and highly recommend it, even to sea-doo folk who are told to use the bombardiea way gay spray that's like over 10 bucks a can... search froogle.com or go to academy sports store (best deal) and rock it out (3 to 4 bucks a can). I burn through cans... Just make sure you are well ventalated, this stuff is VERY strong if you go to sprayin and don't crack the garage... Like I said earlier, half lime away and half water does really well to get waterspots off with a sponge, and just make sure to wash fairly often as lime away is a lil corrosive... follow up with a marine wax, even getting the marine wax from wal-mart and your ski will look really good for years to come.

If you decide to armaral (how ever you spell it) your seat, rails, ETC, it's a slippery slope. It'll look good for the weekend, if you squirt your seat it is SUPER slick, but like I said it will last the weekend and look brand new.

I used to get my hair cut with these old barbers, and they would use lysol to wax their fishing boats... It displaces water for sure, but a good marine wax is worth the money.

CRC-656 is a moistier inhibitor, so it displaces water, I spray EVERYTHING in my Honda and it looks new. I am amazed when I have my ski over at the marina and people are like man that's a nice ski is it new? I had a 92 750ss that people said the same thing...

Thanks, I usually spray my engine compartment with CRC-656 but now I'll spray the rear too.

CRC-656 is amazing stuff. Has anyone found the best (cheapest) place to purchase it by the gallon?

Thread Information