Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1100 ZXi water box installtion

Hey guys, I am going to be getting a TDR Water Box sometime before summer. I know it would be easier to put in with the engine out and it would be great if I was able to do it now while I have the engine apart. If I waited till I could get it, I may lose out on some spring riding which I really hate to do.

So my question is. How easy or difficult is it to install with the motor in? Is it doable? If so any tips and suggestions?

-Thanks

Anyone?

+1
    I can't answer your question, but would ask why you want to install the TDR. I've heard that they are very noisy and don't help performance much--at least on the Ultra 150.

What other options do I have for a 1100 ZXi? I don't mind the noise as I am on very large lakes. I was going with the power spray which I was told could be muffled some by connecting a water line to it.

About the only thing I haven't replaced on this ski is the water box and it probably needs replacing. Only one I could dig anything up about is the TDR since Riva doesn't make one for my ski. It is also out of my price range for what I am willing to spend. I have a slightly modified engine and was told this water box would be a nice compliment.

i dont think the box is gona bring alot to the table, but if ya just have to see this tread http://www.pwctoday.com/f16/sxr-1100...ad-303650.html

What am I looking for exactly in that thread? There are 74 pages.

I wasn't really expecting huge performance gains to be honest. Just something new that isn't stock and sounds good.

pic's of waterbox modding, some extreme and some not so, i took the not so extreme aproach while my motor was out and used a 1 1/2 hole saw to open a passage inline and above to the center form the inlet side, in the devider baffle very carefully as to only cut through the baffle only, the pics help to show whats inside the box, not a lot louder but more throaty with a deep tone, i used this method on a 1100 carb drop-in into a ultra 130, happy with the outcome.

the lower pipe and waterbox inlet and outlet from a DI 1100 is approx 1/2" larger than a std 1100 box and pipe.

I would rather not try to mod my current one in case I ever need to resort back to stock for whatever reason.

Was it easy to get yours out with the motor in or did you already have the motor out?

motor was out, box was out, doing an inhouse mod would be difficult, if ya dont go crazy there will be no need to return to stock.

I am pretty mechanically inclined, I am just nervous about cutting into the stock one since I really wouldn't know what I would be doing and afraid I would screw it up. Then I am stuck having to buy a new water box anyways. So I was just figuring buy a aftermarket one and if I didn't like it I could always put the stock one back on. Where if I cut into the stock one I am stuck with what I did.

I could take my motor out right now since I have it apart but would like to put it all back together so I can take it to the lake and start tuning. In your opinion, do you think it would be difficult to do with the motor in?

-Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information