+1

Rough water handling of RXT X 260?

Hi Guys, How does the new RXTX 260 handle in the rough stuff compared to my RXT X255 (08 MODEL) I must say I miss my 250 Kaw in the rough, but not the way it drunk fuel and spark plugs. Cheers

You will be impressed with the new hull,a world of difference.The new S3 hull seems to rise but stay level at speed in waves.

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    i am making a new hull based on the s 3 but on a rxp platform ..had a conversation with a boat builder just the other day..that used to do glass work for farthing..he said a few things interesting..1 was the best off shore boats have to be able to jump and stay level ..he said the acually hang the boats and balance them using weights.. and they put weight in the very bottom..so the boat falls level...so sliding my huge intercooler to the side like we all tent to do...made my boat lean..now i know why sea doo put them in the center on the x boats...and the new fuel tanks are long and low... so there will be a few changes in location of stuff on re assembly..relocate the intercooler new fuel tank and relocate the batteryall center and low..

So where to put intercooler? Which could be a better fuel tank? Not understood...

Balance weight or put weighrs as down as possible? Could you explain better for my english?

Thanks

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    he ski needs to be balance left to right...otherwise when you are in the air it will tip...and you will land crooked...just saying i now know why the rxpx intercooler is in the center of he ski...my intercooler is huge and probably weighs 30- 40 lbs when full of water...

The S3 hull is a huge improvement. I have ridden the 08 TX much, but I rode offshore a lot on an 06 RXT. The S3 tracks very well and smoothes out the rough stuff better than my old boat. The nose does have a tendency to lift up. IMO, putting the battery in front of the engine and removing the iBR pump would probably help a ton with this. I put in a Solas with a Speedfreaks setback and iS intake grate and that helps a lot. I'm wondering how trim tabs would work on this boat to keep the nose down and if it's worth the trouble.

How many mm is setback?

Banned User
    +1
    dang i know you guys said those ICer's were big but 30+lbs with water in them.... wow

Thread Information