+1

gpr r&dintake grate, how can i tell which one i have 800 or 1200??

i went to install my riva pump seal kit today, and noticed my ski has an r&d intake grate on it already, question is, how can i tell which grate i have the 800 or 1200 grate?? also i found that my ski already had a pump seal kit but whoever installed it did a half assed job and some of the pieces werent sitting flush, so i spent a few hours getting all the silicone off the hull and pump shoe. what works best to remove the silicone??? the guy got sillicone everywhere,
    but on the brightside of things i dont have to buy an intake now, and it was next on my list!!!

+1
    Not to contradict RX951, but take a look at the pic's on the R & D website, that should clarify things for you.

R&D - Catalog - Aquavein Scoop Grates

+1
    thanks guys!!! im pretty sure i have the 1200 grate, the r&d link isnt showing the pics for some reason, but i appreciate the help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by waverider1200 View Post
    thanks guys!!! im pretty sure i have the 1200 grate, the r&d link isnt showing the pics for some reason, but i appreciate the help!!!
    you have to click on the camera icon for the 800 grate and the 1200/1300 grate to see the pics pop up inn a separate window...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    you have to click on the camera icon for the 800 grate and the 1200/1300 grate to see the pics pop up inn a separate window...
    im having a problem with my computer, when i click the camera, it goes to error report screen??? oh well, im pretty sure i have the 1200 grate, i got my pump seal kit installed today and it came out awesome!!!! it took hours to get all the silicone from the previous owners attemp to seal the pump, the ski was cavitating really bad so i really think this will help, also the guy smeared silicone all over the intake tunnel, so it would slow the water or disrupt flow for sure, so i took forever getting it all cleaned out!!! also i noticed the previous owner just disconnectted the water spout , letting the water spray up under the rear of ski, i sawed off nipple and jb welded it up( i used tape to hold the jb weld in place, i had to take the rear of the pump off to make sure i didnt get any jb weld in unwanted places, ) now i need a new impeller and bearings set, im considering going to h.o. pump but not sure whats best for top speed

Thread Information