Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

riva open loop on conversion skis

I am going to run a riva open loop on my conversion ski. Wanted to check out the difference between closed loop and open loop. I installed everything according to the riva instructions. The water comes in from pump, through transom using the gpr inlet nipple, into the GPR Flush kit T off. That way I can flush the system. The line goes from the flush kit (5/ to the intercooler. From intercooler I have it split off and running into the block off plate and the other to the exhaust. The oil cooler lines I have the bottom one running to the transom and the top one running to the top of the J pipe (it use to be a water dump previously). So I am assuming they are taking the water from the J pipe and using it to cool off the oil cooler. I have the water coming out of the head into the thermostat then out the back of the ski.
    My question is that the water coming from the J pipe is pretty warm/hot. I have an extra water outlet coming in from the GPR pump. I was thinking of doing a duel cooling setup. Only problem is that I am going to be switching over to a seadoo pump soon. Guess my question is there a better way to do this or is this the best way to do it? Like to hear about other options or ways of setting it up.
    SHOOTER

+1
    If you ride in water no hoter then 80 you don't need a oil cooler

+1
    OH yeah, I ride in water that gets nice and warm, hahahaha. I am in the south.

+1
    What pump do you have on it now?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rangermtb5 View Post
    What pump do you have on it now?
    +1 The seadoo and yami pumps produce different pressure's?

+1
    Going to run the GPR pump first to make sure everything is good to go before I switch over to the seadoo pump. I know what it was doing before with the setup, so want to make sure everything is kosher before I go to the seadoo pump. Check and make sure its all good up under the hood before doing the seadoo pump. I know both produce different pressures. I've read where some of the guys have been drilling out the seadoo washer to 13.5 to suffice for too much pressure.
    So what you guys do for the gpr pumps? and guess the seadoo ones as well?
    Thanks.
    SHOOTER

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter98xpl View Post
    Going to run the GPR pump first to make sure everything is good to go before I switch over to the seadoo pump. I know what it was doing before with the setup, so want to make sure everything is kosher before I go to the seadoo pump. Check and make sure its all good up under the hood before doing the seadoo pump. I know both produce different pressures. I've read where some of the guys have been drilling out the seadoo washer to 13.5 to suffice for too much pressure.
    So what you guys do for the gpr pumps? and guess the seadoo ones as well?

Thanks.
    SHOOTER
    To be honest, you might as well just stick the doo pump on there and set it up for that, if you have all the stuff. I believe the GPR and doo pump are going to give you different results.

Also, make sure you have a temp gauge on there, just to be sure.

+1
    Temp gauge for water is going to be right after the thermostat,

+1
    I've just changed from the Yami pump to the Seadoo pump running open loop on both and had to re-doo the whole cooling, just go straight to the Seadoo pump as the seadoo pump doesn't push as much water pressure as the Yamah pump so you'll find your engine will run hot if you set it up for Yami pump then switch to SD pump.

Aslo, Your engine temp readings will be different depending where you take your measurement from, if you measure at the head where the factory temp sensor is will differ from measurements after the termostat (I discovered this when I installed a second sensor - originally I was reading temps where you are, then I installed a digital guage with a sensor next to the factory temp sensor)... see below two posts for what I did.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/conv...ml#post1477898

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/conv...ml#post1481650

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Autosport View Post
    I've just changed from the Yami pump to the Seadoo pump running open loop on both and had to re-doo the whole cooling, just go straight to the Seadoo pump as the seadoo pump doesn't push as much water pressure as the Yamah pump so you'll find your engine will run hot if you set it up for Yami pump then switch to SD pump.

Aslo, Your engine temp readings will be different depending where you take your measurement from, if you measure at the head where the factory temp sensor is will differ from measurements after the termostat (I discovered this when I installed a second sensor - originally I was reading temps where you are, then I installed a digital guage with a sensor next to the factory temp sensor)... see below two posts for what I did.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/conv...ml#post1477898

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/conv...ml#post1481650
    Would you mind posting what your routing is with the doo and was with the yammi?? I looked through you thread, but couldn't find anything

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information