Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

02 polaris virage txi fuel pump

I was wondering if anyone new where i could buy a fuel pump for a 02 polaris virage txi

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk

I think I saw one for sale in the Polaris Classifieds recently. Have a look there.

Also, take a moment to look through my signature links below

fuel pump

thanks for the info i took the fuel pump out today and tested it and it is good so i think i'm not getting any power to the pump any suggestions

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rickybobby View Post
    thanks for the info i took the fuel pump out today and tested it and it is good so i think i'm not getting any power to the pump any suggestions
    Um, what was the original problem?

How did you test the fuel pump?

Have you checked the Reset button (circuit breaker) that supplies power to the fuel pump?

Is there battery voltage at the fuel pump connector (Red/White wire)?

Brown wire to fuel pump is grounded by EMM to activate pump motor.

I checked the fuel pump by hooking a wire to the hot and ground pins on the pump and it worked.
    I have not checked the rest button yet the guy that i got it from said that he was riding it and it just quit and wouldn't start back and that he took it to a dealer and they hooked it to the computer and it was the fuel pump.I will check the rest button sunday and let you know how it goes thanks for your help again.

well i checked everything and now i found that i'm not getting any spark from the plugs any ideas about this.

+1
    well i checked everything and now i found that i'm not getting any spark from the plugs any ideas about this.
    What else did you find out?

Fuel pump getting power?
    Fuel pump running when engine cranks?

Battery voltage while cranking?
    Does the MFI display 'wake up' when you press Start after everything has been sitting quiet for more than five minutes?

Without unplugging any injectors, measure the voltage n the White/Red wires (any of them). Should be over 20 volts while cranking.

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    What else did you find out?

Fuel pump getting power?
    Fuel pump running when engine cranks?

Battery voltage while cranking?
    Does the MFI display 'wake up' when you press Start after everything has been sitting quiet for more than five minutes
    Without unplugging any injectors, measure the voltage n the White/Red wires (any of them). Should be over 20 volts while cranking.
    the fuel pump is getting power and the battery voltage is reading 12.7 and the mfi is waking up everytime if i leave the battery in it shows the clock all the time i checked and cleaned the ground thats on the left side of the block but i havent tried to start it yet.

+1
    ... the MFI is waking up everytime if i leave the battery in it shows the clock all the time
    ...I checked and cleaned the ground thats on the left side of the block but i havent tried to start it yet.
    The MFI is supposed to show the clock all the time. That is normal.

What I mean by 'waking up' is that the MFI shows all sections for a second, and the speedo needle goes full sweep and back. This should happen everytime the engine is cranked after sitting untouched for more than five minutes.

Check the MFD section from my signature links for more information about exactly how your MFI works.

Battery voltage must be checked while the engine is cranking, not while it is just sitting there.

Yes the MFI is waking up the speedo needle goes all the way over and back it shows fuel/oil level and says ride safe or something like that lol. I really do appreciate all of your help.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information