Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1

    How fast do u think I will go???

    hey guys im new to this forum and I wanted to know how fast do you think i will go with this set up??? I have a 2007 rxp..also why do u guys fill up the ride plate holes??? does it really make a big difference?? and trimming the reverse bucket?? im just trying to keep up with my friends that have fzr's thats doing mid 80s.. lol and which impeler will be best with this setup?? thanks in advance

    x charger
    injector 48 lb
    heavy duty clutch
    power filter
    pump wedge
    wear ring
    power cooler
    blow off valve
    rear exhaust
    pro-series o.p.a.s
    intake grate
    riva water box


  2. #2
    home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    port st lucie fl
    Posts
    3,471
    you will notice a big improvement withthe x charger..but you need 42 and a rrfpr..unless you are going with an upgraded wheel in the x charger.but i am afraid without an ecu and valve train upgrade you are still going to be trying to keep up. if you friends are really going mid 80's most bs heavily on how fast they really are gps doesnt lie...the bottom of the boat is very important..to speed ..ditch the bov for now and get a riva ride plate and the stuff to go with it.. look at the speed data base and you will quicly see what it takes to go mid 80'S

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Daytona Beach
    Posts
    406
    either the FZR's are pretty well modified, or they are going by the dream-o-meter and not a GPS. i know my speedo shows 5-6 mph faster than my actual speed. i'd probably ditch the power filter in favor of a rear air kit. which intake grate? start with a 15/20 or 15/22 prop and adjust accordingly for top speed. there are a few cheap or relatively free mods you can do to help get to higher top speeds. filling the ride plate holes is one of them.

  4. #4
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Rxpmia118 View Post
    hey guys im new to this forum and I wanted to know how fast do you think i will go with this set up??? I have a 2007 rxp..also why do u guys fill up the ride plate holes??? does it really make a big difference?? and trimming the reverse bucket?? im just trying to keep up with my friends that have fzr's thats doing mid 80s.. lol and which impeler will be best with this setup?? thanks in advance

    x charger
    injector 48 lb
    heavy duty clutch
    power filter
    pump wedge
    wear ring
    power cooler
    blow off valve
    rear exhaust
    pro-series o.p.a.s
    intake grate
    riva water box
    Welcome to the forum!

    You will want to go with the Bosch 42lb injectors along with the Riva RRFPR
    I would start with the Solas 15/20R and then add pitch as needed to get off the limiter.
    You will also want the Riva pro series reduction nozzle with 81mm ring.

    Filling the ride plate holes is a proven 1 mph gain

    You should be able to run 78-80 mph once the ski is all dialed in.
    Bayou RXP on the forum has a very similar setup and is running those speeds.

    be sure to also install the R&D intake grate girdle
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=644

    and the speedfreeks pump shoe protector
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1036

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    1,599
    +1
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

    You will want to go with the Bosch 42lb injectors along with the Riva RRFPR
    I would start with the Solas 15/20R and then add pitch as needed to get off the limiter.
    You will also want the Riva pro series reduction nozzle with 81mm ring.

    Filling the ride plate holes is a proven 1 mph gain

    You should be able to run 78-80 mph once the ski is all dialed in.
    Bayou RXP on the forum has a very similar setup and is running those speeds.

    be sure to also install the R&D intake grate girdle
    R&D RXP 215 Aquavein/OEM Grate Girdle Kit [123-10010] - $81.11 : PWCPerformance.com

    and the speedfreeks pump shoe protector
    SpeedFreeks RXP Pump Shoe Insert [SF pump shoe insert] - $69.00 : PWCPerformance.com
    What does the intake girdle do? Thanks

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Daytona Beach
    Posts
    406
    let's him run higher speeds safer by reducing the chances of the intake grate from ripping out.

  7. #7
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Glade Rider View Post
    What does the intake girdle do? Thanks
    It keeps the brass inserts in the pump shoe from pulling out. Any modified RXP that's 2007 or older needs to be running one of these girdles.

  8. #8
    b_dolla44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Noblesville, Indiana United States
    Posts
    1,165
    +1
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    It keeps the brass inserts in the pump shoe from pulling out. Any modified RXP that's 2007 or older needs to be running one of these girdles.
    Am I playing with fire not having one?

  9. #9
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by b_dolla44 View Post
    Am I playing with fire not having one?
    What will end up happening is your grate will flex as the plastic pump shoe that it's bolted to will flex during hard cornering. when this happens the center bolt boss in the grate will fracture putting all the downward force on the two outer bolts which will then pull the brass inserts out the pump shoe.

    So yes, if you want to prevent a problem in the future then you will want to install the R&D grate girdle.
    It's made for the R&D grate, but it can easily be modified to work with the Riva grate. Here's a write up on how to do it
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/sea-...-anywhere.html

  10. #10
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Filling the ride plate holes is a proven 1 mph gain
    ... I think you meant .1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. About to repitch my own impeller, how much do you think?
    By super_gtx in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-28-2016, 07:15 AM
  2. Redone prop, do you think it will fit?
    By TLR in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-01-2009, 06:38 PM
  3. How fast do snowmobiles go?
    By GeoRXT in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 11-13-2008, 04:52 PM
  4. How fast should a 185 stock Challenger go?
    By smc in forum Sea Doo Sport Boats
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-26-2008, 10:38 AM
  5. Do you think insurance will pay...?
    By GeoRXT in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 08-24-2006, 05:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •