Sea doo rxp-x 255, mods?

Hey everyone.

Im thinkin of building double ( dual ) free exhaust on my sea doo rxp-x.

Where and what should i buy to build it?

Does somebody has some pictures when they are modding?

What else can you recommend of updates to the pwc?

+1
    Dual rear exhaust correct? If so, it is going to need some custom fabrication (y-adapter on waterbox) Some of the guys were using a free flow pipe and tying in to the 2nd thru-hull outlet. Make sense? More trouble than it is worth IMO.... Just go with the single rear kit. No performance difference versus 1 or 2 outlets - and really no performance gained for the rear anyway. Keep in mind you are going to need to get the OPAS block off's before you can install the rear exhaust kit and it can be found here ---> OPAS Removal Kit, RXP / RXT / GTX [RS29050-1] - $99.95 : PWCPerformance.com The exhaust kits are here ---> Exhaust Kit, Rear, SD 255/215 (fits RXP/RXT/GTX and X models) [RS15050-1] - $259.95 : PWCPerformance.com Save your money and go single. The main point of the rear is that it will clean up the interior of the hull significantly. Not as much in the x-ski's due to the intercooler but it does remove and free up a good amount of space.

As far as other upgrades you could do.... I recommend you read this post that was posted ksalles on the upgrades he did to his x-ski. Tremendous amount of information in there. It can be found here ----> http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/sea-...stock-ecu.html

Yes, that was what I meant. What do you mean with more trouble than it is worth IMO?
    Why do i need OPAS block off's?

On the link with the exahust kit it says you must also use the Riva intercooler ugprade kit. Do i have to buy that too?

Thank you for the links..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunvaakaren View Post
    Yes, that was what I meant. What do you mean with more trouble than it is worth IMO?

On the link with the exahust kit it says you must also use the Riva intercooler ugprade kit. Do i have to buy that too?

You need the OPAS blockoffs becase the mechanism gets in the way, as for the I/C relocation, I think you can get away with not moving it, but don't quote me on this.
    It would suck to have to buy the kit for $500 just for this reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunvaakaren View Post

You wont see any performance gain with the dual set up. You need to remove the opas because it will be in the way. You will see when you put the exhaust in. You do not have to move the intercooler.

+1
    Here's a picture from another post showing what the OPAS looks like from the outside and that it is directly in the way of the exhaust outlet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4756.jpg 
Views:	842 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	230274

Hell, here is the thread on it. ---> http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/sea-...pas-rxp-x.html

Read the ENTIRE 4 pages of the thread. Pay attention to the sound when at idle and sitting still due the the tip being SO HIGH up on the transom. Also, when you go that high and close to the eye, you weaken the integrity of the eye and therefore less stress can be placed on it either when tying it down to trailer it or lifting the ski for some reason.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    You need the OPAS blockoffs becase the mechanism gets in the way, as for the I/C relocation, I think you can get away with not moving it, but don't quote me on this.
    It would suck to have to buy the kit for $500 just for this reason.
    You can get away without moving it. However, it would be better to move it and do it right. But hey, that's just what I would do. To each his own. Bottom line: Is is mandatory? NO!! Should it be done? YES!! Should cows fly? Possibly, depending on the outcome you are looking for.

+1
    Im trying to find the right information and what are the benifits of relocating the intercooler? I would just like to add the riva rear exhaust to my 2009 rxp x. Not spend the extra for the intercooler relocation. What kind of problems does this cause, or is it just a room issue?

Thread Information