Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    I'm feeling naturally aspirated today pirate33's Avatar
    +1

Virage TX wont turn over(2001)

One of my 01 Virage TX(not injected) when I go to start it -just a "click" sound from around the CDI box the MFD flashes and goes off happened last weekend after riding during clean up-disconnected battery and tried to jump off another ski this weekend but same "click" and no turn over-MFD went dead again. This is the ski couple of months ago that was giving me warm starting problems, One of the so-cal guys looked at the CDI and said mine did not need the jumper fix(I think now I should check it out myself) The good thing is that I have 2 TX's that are twins being ID # 70D101 and 71D101 so they mostly where born together and can switch things to test if needed. I remember someone asking what color solenoid was on someones previous post electrical problem -both of mine are black not brown-dont know if this helps with problem

I guess this problem is "winter revenge" since I dont have to do that winterizing thing I keep reading about and keep going out riding LOL

+1
    I'd open the electrical box and by-pass (jump) the solenoid, if it works you most likely found your problem.
    Of course this would be after I verified ALL my grounds and connections and was positive my battery was fully charged.

wouldn't just a clicking noise mean the selenoid is ok but the starter is dead?

+1
    Bigdaddy
    Sounds like your battery is on the piss .If your Mfd goes out you have a voltage preoblem .Check that you have at least 10.5 volts before you push the start button .Needs to maintain it whilst you crank . If it drops to sweet FA then its your battery .An easy way to see if it is solenoid ,use a coin and short across the wires on the black solenoid which has the red wire from the pos on the battery and the other red goes under the engine to the starter .If it cranks OK you have a circuit problem and youll need a meter to find the problem ,because your mfd is going out if not and the solenoid chatters and you have 10.5 v or more you need the latest solenoid which is a brown one .

Cheers

Bernie

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyPT View Post
    wouldn't just a clicking noise mean the selenoid is ok but the starter is dead?
    I was thinking the same but he by-passed his battery and used a known good source (we hope) when he used another battery source.
    I still stand by charging the battery and checking the grounds before performing the old by-pass.

I'm feeling naturally aspirated today pirate33's Avatar
    +1
    I tried the battery from my other TX on Sunday morning-(which I rode on Sunday as did TCseadoo after trying the jump from his ski-so I know both batteries and ski are good-boy its times like this that having two of the same ski's helps LOL). I'll look at the ground and solenoid thing later in this week-I'm working on getting my 87 ZX750R running after 9 years of storage-just got all the parts I needed yesterday and kinda excited working on that
    P.S.Thanks bernie it was you that posted a while ago the black/ brown thing I remembered
    Last edited by pirate33; 11-14-2006 at 04:35 PM.

+1
    Bernie is AWESOME for a guy that hates Polaris huh?

+1
    You know I should have asked this first thing, did you rotate the engine by hand to make sure it's O.K.??

Don't forget you have the reset circuit breakers that might not be tripping all the way.

+1
    Craft
    I just know what it is like to have them play up ,Then multiply it by 5 .
    Watch the Red Bull air race this weekend and you will see the divers on my ski's .Sorry their Yammies
    Also big daddy your starter may be seized and drawing all the available current from your batt and pputting your Mfd out ?

Cheers

Bernie

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information