Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Stock intake 3"vs4"

Hello,

For a 04 rxp is there a difference between the riva or fizzle intake if the engine will be kept stock? I have the 14/19 impeller but do not plan on upgrading anything with the engine.

Thanks

+1
    As far as performance or looks or price? What differences are you wanting to know.

I am not worried about looks. I was considering buying pieces for the kanaflex 4" tubing but there is a good deal on a used riva that would be around same price. I like the idea of the riva so I don't have to put pieces together. If there is no difference with the stock charger then I would go with the riva.

+1
    maybe and I mean MAYBE the 4" is 50 RPM's better than 3" on the stock S/C. With more boost its just becomes necessary to do the 4" so it can get more air.

+1
    More air to the SC is a good thing. I run the 4" kanaflex front air system and noticed a difference stepping up from the 3inch to the 4 inch I noticed around 100 to 125 rpm gain. Not much of a noticeable difference unless you are planning to mod further of which you are not. It's your money, spend it where you will like. Riva's tests show that their 3 inch is good enough. The kanaflex is going to cost you $4 a foot ($28 total plus shipping of $15.00 from Moreland Hose) Then you will need a 4 inch adapter which runs around 40.00 in the online store. Figure almost $100.00 including shipping. If the 3 inch is cheaper, go with that one. If you go with the Kanaflex, you will see an increased throttle response and possibly a little more top end. There is a difference. Hope this helps.

Banned User
    +1
    Going from a 3" (which is actually 2.75" internally) to a 4" is a gain of 77% more VOLUME feeding the SC...

Here is all the information you need to know on airflow for intakes, IC's, and exhausts...
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/sea-doo-how-faqs/97790-airflow-reference-thread.html

Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    More air to the SC is a good thing. I run the 4" kanaflex front air system and noticed a difference stepping up from the 3inch to the 4 inch I noticed around 100 to 125 rpm gain. Not much of a noticeable difference unless you are planning to mod further of which you are not. It's your money, spend it where you will like. Riva's tests show that their 3 inch is good enough. The kanaflex is going to cost you $4 a foot ($28 total plus shipping of $15.00 from Moreland Hose) Then you will need a 4 inch adapter which runs around 40.00 in the online store. Figure almost $100.00 including shipping. If the 3 inch is cheaper, go with that one. If you go with the Kanaflex, you will see an increased throttle response and possibly a little more top end. There is a difference. Hope this helps.
    Do you use any type of air filter? Also, is your charger stock?

Thanks

+1
    I do not use a filter. I had better gains without it as it wasn't as restrictive. It's a personal choice I guess. Others on here had posted results with and without a pre-filter or filter cone.

I can say from personal experience I gained a flat 100 RPMs going from a Riva 3" to Fizzle 4" Kana. No other mods. If you have no mods and are trying to turn the 14/19 go with the 4".

Let me clarify...no mods in between the switch.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information