GP1300r First Mods?? Recommendations??

Okay Guys, I got a good first ride in on my 03 GPR. I am actually kind of disappointed in the top speed. It was around 55 on GPS with a full tank, on slightly choppy water. What are the first mods people do to these. Please keep price and simplicity in mind. I am not trying to set any records here, I just want to go a little faster. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakerider26 View Post
    Okay Guys, I got a good first ride in on my 03 GPR. I am actually kind of disappointed in the top speed. It was around 55 on GPS with a full tank, on slightly choppy water. What are the first mods people do to these. Please keep price and simplicity in mind. I am not trying to set any records here, I just want to go a little faster. Thanks!
    welcome to the forum.
    now these questions get asked over and over... please familiarize yourself with the huge data here on the forum. The GPR is not a new format and has loads of info right here in the pages.
    check out the Faq`s and question, How to`s, and the build/project section of the 2 stroke forum. Here you`ll find most of your questions answered. happy reading!

you`ll also find a cable recall info and some safety issues that should be addressed.
    A lot of this information has been stickied, so start there!

also when posting questions of the forum, give an accurate description of your ski, riding style, and area to get the best feedback possible...

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    Your best bet is to check out the mod recommendations under the 2-stroke "sticky's". They have tons of different options depending on what you are trying to achieve (top-end, hole-shot, etc.) The costs are pretty affordable for bolt on items, engine mods can get pretty pricey.
    IMO start with a new intake grate. Then move on to a pump seal kit, ride plate, then impeller. check for performance packages, you can save some money on those. The how-to's section will give you great info on installing any of these mods.
    Good luck and enjoy the new ski.

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    LOL ^ It seems Andy and I were typing at the same time.

I appreciate the help guys! I will check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakerider26 View Post
    I appreciate the help guys! I will check it out.
    Dude, grab a cold one, or coffee and snacks and be prepared to be turned into a mod junkie!...

Thread Information