97 xp performance parts and questions

looking at purchasing a used 97 xp with the 787 motor and am wondering if anyone could tell me a few things that will improve performance of this ski if i choose to purchase it. first off would like to know what the ideal copmression ratio should read when i go to test it before i purchase it. secondly i would like to know if i can easily and somewhat cheaply make the ski hit mid to low 60mph speed. would like to know some of the first changes that should be made to the ski to improve performance. are there any perfromnce parts made for this ski anymore? thanks for the help in advance

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    welcome to GH...honestly the cheapest way to hit 60's would be to find a 99 XPL with a 951. same hull with a bigger engine. small mods like prop and nozzles and a flame arrestor kit will get you low 60's

have you ridden it yet or any 97xp? how do you know that you will not like the performance that comes with it? I dont think any pump gas mods will get it over 60. you'll need a 951 in there for that. enjoy it for what it is, it's a fun ski. compression should be around 145 +/- but look for both to be about even with each other. flame arrestors and a rejet are usually the first mods. you can swap props next. check out groupk for some info on that model.

First off thanks for the replies, no I have not ridden it yet and very well xould like it the way it is. I was mainly looking ay it for my son to ride and just mainly keep up with my fzs, but I lnow I will be on it some as well so just wanted to know if anything could be done to attain 60'S on it. Dont guess it is that big of deal as long as fun factor is there. And I do know son wont complain either way. Thanks again for replies

+1
    Just keeping a 97 XP running is a feat in itself.

Thread Information