Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

help with the basics

Thank god for the e bay link that i stumbled across. This site is the mecca of jet ski performance. you guys are awesome! i have been looking at your posts for several days and the technical level here is far beyond my current understanding, but i want to learn. i have an sl750 that i would like to build up. i traded for the ski as a basket case several years ago. i finally got the ski rebuilt lats summer new crank pistons jugs etc. basically i feel it is a pretty sound ski but i want more. the only thing that i have done from stock is a water box off of ebay. i play at 5,500 ft so i am sure that jetting would be a place to start. i have the mechanical aptitude to do the work i just don't know the ideal setup for my skis and rather than guess at what i am doing it seems that i have found the experts. help me set up my ski. please.

Hi Lance, welcome!

I'm sure others will chime in with me on this... as far as easy performance upgrades to your ski... this comination has been proven to work great: Pro 785 CDI, 92-93 SL 650 exhaust drypipe, skat trak 12/17 impeller or comparably pitched solas/nujet impeller. Then, your carbs will need to be re-jetted for the combination, and with this setup, you should be turning close to if not 7000 rpms in the water, and be just under 60mph! Ph2ocraft, I belive has a 750 with those mods and he should be able to help you more (sorry, I have a 780 sl with those mods... they are different skis, so some things will be different I suspect!)

Also, as far as handling goes, if you don't want to ever spin out in the water, and be able to turn on a dime, adding sponsons to your hull will do the trick! And, of course, there is the extended pump upgrade which is supposed to be good for about 5 mph, which I have yet to do. ummm.. ocean pro extended ride plate in combination with an R&D intake grate should do wonders for handling in rough water (keep the ski from jumping around so much!)

Good luck!
    Jared

+1
    Lance Welcome to the Hulk. Make sure your fuel system is up to par. Search for fuel pump upgrade. What year is your craft got Pics. ( We love pic's)

i have a 94 sl 750 and a 95 slt 750. i tried to attach the only picture i have to my signature. i appreciate the help. i am going to look in the classifieds here to see if i can find any of these items. (if anyone has parts let me know.) the other question i have is on my bayliner jazz (don't laugh) it also needs more power i was going to rebuild the engine this winter it has a 90 hp mercruser. i have been told that i can get the head milled .090 and the compression is down to 90 psi so i was thinking new rings, and polish the ex ports my question is i have noticed that you have talked about pitch angles on impellers as far as i can tell there is no aftermarket for a 93 jazz because of the impeller shaft. can and if so by who the pitch angle be changed to improve performance. there is one place in colorado that i have found that will work on impellers but they said there is no way to change the pitch.

+1
    Hi Lance, I too would like to WELCOME you to the Green Hulk forums!!!!
    You have found the "home" for Polaris enthusiasts.
    First, do you have a budget for your project? This will help determine which performance goodies to suggest and add as you go.
    I like to start with cut domes or an aftermarket head.
    Reeds and spacers as they give you an inexpensive "snap" coupled with the head mod and are good as you will like them as you do later mods.
    Certainly the R&D intake grate.
    Now what kind of money do you wish to spend??

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Ph20 what do you mean cut the heads? Higher compression? And how much should that cost? My 650/750 conversion may need a little TLC.

+1
    Indeed. Randy at Watcon can perform those services for you as the squish should also be modified for better/correct combustion.
    Since you're running 92 octane for the CDI why not get a little more acceleration while you're at it??

Interesting...how much does it cost for this service?

I think the Bayliner Jazz was a cool idea!

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    I bet it was my link on ebay

Welcome!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information