Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 57
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    332

    13.5 psi @ 8100 fuel?

    So could you guy's tell me what you think I bought riva 50#ers thinking I was going to get the riva ecu but not this year $. So I have an upgraed B-kit 15 psi. at 8650 and Im thinking 13-13.5 at 8100 so can I run my riva 50's with a RRFPR and be ok with the mods listed below? And I do not have any idea what prop to run? PLEASE HELP!!!! Thanks

    Riva intake grate
    XS I/C
    Jims ride plate
    4" rear intake/catch can
    15/20 prop
    Riva pro series B/O's
    GH water box with through hull
    rossnemo throttel body mod
    all the free mods


  2. #2
    Eric Ocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cataula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    4,700
    +1
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by N8T View Post
    So could you guy's tell me what you think I bought riva 50#ers thinking I was going to get the riva ecu but not this year $. So I have an upgraed B-kit 15 psi. at 8650 and Im thinking 13-13.5 at 8100 so can I run my riva 50's with a RRFPR and be ok with the mods listed below? And I do not have any idea what prop to run? PLEASE HELP!!!! Thanks

    Riva intake grate
    XS I/C
    Jims ride plate
    4" rear intake/catch can
    15/20 prop
    Riva pro series B/O's
    GH water box with through hull
    rossnemo throttel body mod
    all the free mods
    ET 140B LE Upgrade? I dont see why you would not be able to adjust, you should be ok with the RRFPR.

  3. #3
    speedskixp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    venice fl.
    Posts
    8,117
    +1
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by N8T View Post
    So could you guy's tell me what you think I bought riva 50#ers thinking I was going to get the riva ecu but not this year $. So I have an upgraed B-kit 15 psi. at 8650 and Im thinking 13-13.5 at 8100 so can I run my riva 50's with a RRFPR and be ok with the mods listed below? And I do not have any idea what prop to run? PLEASE HELP!!!! Thanks

    Riva intake grate
    XS I/C
    Jims ride plate
    4" rear intake/catch can
    15/20 prop
    Riva pro series B/O's
    GH water box with through hull
    rossnemo throttel body mod
    all the free mods
    You can run that with an rrfpr and the 50's but will be rich at idle. Pitch the 15/20 to a 23 to start and see what that gets you. You'e going to have to chack A/F and will most likely want another way to control fuel to really dial it in.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    332
    What if I ran 42's would that work?

  5. #5
    Eric Ocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cataula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    4,700
    +1
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by N8T View Post
    What if I ran 42's would that work?


    IF you already have the 50's just keep them and adjust with your rrfpr. You may be a tad rich on bottom but more than likely you will notice NO performance difference. Just a tad bit less fuel economy.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    IF you already have the 50's just keep them and adjust with your rrfpr. You may be a tad rich on bottom but more than likely you will notice NO performance difference. Just a tad bit less fuel economy.
    ok thanks I just asked about the 42's becouse I have a set of them also.

  7. #7
    monaroman76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Whyalla, South Australia
    Posts
    1,979
    +1
    28
    You would need a crap load of fuel pressure up top with the 42's I would imagine, just go with the 50's. I don't think idle will be too bad at all. But you should monitor afr.

  8. #8
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    You can run that with an rrfpr and the 50's but will be rich at idle. Pitch the 15/20 to a 23 to start and see what that gets you. You'e going to have to chack A/F and will most likely want another way to control fuel to really dial it in.
    +1.....You may want to run either a Begi or a Fuel controller too..You are gonna be way rich on idle and the lower end

    Quote Originally Posted by N8T View Post
    What if I ran 42's would that work?
    Nope,

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    +1.....You may want to run either a Begi or a Fuel controller too..You are gonna be way rich on idle and the lower end


    Nope,
    Ok this is a dumb ? but do you need to run a rrfpr with the Rude fuel controller? How hard are they to use do you have to buy anything els like software? Could someone tell me how you map it to your setup? I dont want to get it and have no idea how to use it.

  10. #10
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by N8T View Post
    Ok this is a dumb ? but do you need to run a rrfpr with the Rude fuel controller?
    IMO... you always want a RRFPR to be able to set your fuel pressure for proper a/f ratio at wot, and then you can use the controller to "clean up" everything else below that. Personally.... I would never use the controller to increase fuel anywhere (if possible), especially at wot.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 80 psi of fuel to get 11.8 AFR at WOT ?
    By SOV in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-12-2015, 08:01 AM
  2. What afr am i looking for.. and how much psi of fuel pressure
    By spacerrr in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-03-2014, 10:06 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-24-2008, 08:17 PM
  4. question on 58 psi fuel presure regulator
    By gtxscrider in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-24-2007, 09:22 PM
  5. Fuel PSI on an EFI ski
    By Lvnspeed in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-26-2006, 11:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •