Page 19 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Site Admin
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by NastyStang View Post
    Does it seem like more RXTs have failures? I bought both at the same time and the RXT had a failure with 30 hours on it. The RXP is still fine but going to be having it rebuilt by Jerry soon. I still don't get why they couldn't build it so it didn't need to be serviced every 100 hours. Seems a little excessive from my experience with all kinds of forced induction set-ups...
    Because it's got a friction clutch on it and just like a clutch on a car it's a wear item. You're not going to get 100,000 miles out of one

+1
    Green Hulk.

Thank you for the fantastic service on my supercharger. It is always a great experiance dealing
    with you!

Site Admin
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mtrager View Post
    Green Hulk.

Thank you for the fantastic service on my supercharger. It is always a great experiance dealing
    with you!

You're welcome Mark! Thanks again for your business!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Because it's got a friction clutch on it and just like a clutch on a car it's a wear item. You're not going to get 100,000 miles out of one
    People get 100,000 miles out of a clutch in cars but I don't think 100 hours and 100,000 miles is comparable. I know it's a wear item, it revs up pretty high after all. My statement wasn't a rant just a thought about the matter.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by NastyStang View Post
    People get 100,000 miles out of a clutch in cars but I don't think 100 hours and 100,000 miles is comparable. I know it's a wear item, it revs up pretty high after all. My statement wasn't a rant just a thought about the matter.

Gotta remember these little Scers are spinning anywhere from 45,000 to 65,000 RPM depending on your ECU...This is nowhere near what a car/truck transmission/clutch spins...Take a clutch the size of a quarter,and spin it at these high RPMs and its gonna wear out,no way around it....Plus NOT only the clutches wear out,but the bearing do too...

Calibrate

I have a question we are about to replace a supercharger in our 2003 seadoo and my neighbor keeps mentioning we need to calibrate it. if so how do you do this?

Site Admin
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanm06 View Post
    I have a question we are about to replace a supercharger in our 2003 seadoo and my neighbor keeps mentioning we need to calibrate it. if so how do you do this?
    Calibrate it? There is no calibration.
    If you are following up with a stock replacement just install it and go.
    Here is the new stock replacement for your ski in the store
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1868

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Calibrate it? There is no calibration.
    If you are following up with a stock replacement just install it and go.
    Here is the new stock replacement for your ski in the store
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1868
    Thanks i really appriciate it, i didnt think it would need to but i wanted to ask someone who knew more about them.

This is my first post. I should have looked on this site first judgeing from what I have been reading. I dropped my 2006 RXT and GTI SE at the dealer in Gulfport, MS. Before I left the bill is already up to $1450 on both skis. It's good to know you are close by in Berwick/Morgan City, LA. I pass through there on a regular basis for work and the next time the SC needs to be rebuilt I will bring it to Jerry.

Jerry,
    My 04 RXP supercharger is due for a rebuild. I was thinking of just upgrading to an X charger and in reading your posts you say I would also need the Bosch 42lb injectors for my ski to be able to run the X charger. My ski does have the riva air intake system, is there anything else I would need or is that it? Will I need a rising pressure fuel regulator ? will you check the clutches on the new X charger when i get it from you.

Page 19 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread Information