Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tierra Verde, Florida, United States
    Posts
    911
    +1
    17

    Just bought my first Sportster 150 S/C

    Just bought a 2006 Sportster 150 S/C. Now what to do to it??? I need to get a mirror for it anybody know where to get one? It needs a stereo and speakers. Going to take S/C out and put new washers in before hitting the water. What else should I do?


  2. #2
    I just purchased a 2005 Sportster 215HP also. From the research I have done besides the plugs and oil there is not much maintenance. I would defiantly change the washers if they are ceramic. Have the shaft and bearing checked in the charger. How many hours does the charger have on it? Do you have someone who can change them for you? We have a performance shop here in New Orleans that is top of the line if you dont. I changed my stereo, speakers and added an amp. I pulled off all those hideous lightning bolt stickers of mine. Looks so much better with out those 1983 style stickers.

    as for the mirror, I dont have mirrors, where are the mirrors on your boat?

  3. #3
    What did you guys pay for your boats...?? just curious

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tierra Verde, Florida, United States
    Posts
    911
    +1
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by NEWORLEANS-YAT View Post
    I just purchased a 2005 Sportster 215HP also. From the research I have done besides the plugs and oil there is not much maintenance. I would defiantly change the washers if they are ceramic. Have the shaft and bearing checked in the charger. How many hours does the charger have on it? Do you have someone who can change them for you? We have a performance shop here in New Orleans that is top of the line if you dont. I changed my stereo, speakers and added an amp. I pulled off all those hideous lightning bolt stickers of mine. Looks so much better with out those 1983 style stickers.

    as for the mirror, I dont have mirrors, where are the mirrors on your boat?
    Not sure on hours. I'm going to pull the ECU off and pug it in to my RXT and see. I just ordered new washers for the SC. The radio and speakers need changed bad. I did also order Hydo turf pads in Dark gray.

    as for the mirror there is none but you can see a spot for it just right of the gauges.

    Thanks

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tierra Verde, Florida, United States
    Posts
    911
    +1
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor7000 View Post
    What did you guys pay for your boats...?? just curious
    I got it for 6350 but with all the fees, taxes, tags ect. it ended up being almost 7300

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by joewharton2 View Post
    I got it for 6350 but with all the fees, taxes, tags ect. it ended up being almost 7300
    WOW...that's a really good deal....where did you find it??

  7. #7

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tierra Verde, Florida, United States
    Posts
    911
    +1
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor7000 View Post
    WOW...that's a really good deal....where did you find it??
    I found it on craigslist but it was a used car lot that's why it ended up so much.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tierra Verde, Florida, United States
    Posts
    911
    +1
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by NEWORLEANS-YAT View Post
    i paid $6,000

    great deal!!!

  10. #10
    That definitely is a great deal....starting to think I'm over paying for my 2007 speedster 150 215HP for just over $9K...??

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. just bought my first ski
    By boostedpgt in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-23-2011, 07:58 AM
  2. just bought my first jetski
    By jrodicus in forum Kawasaki How To & FAQs
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-30-2011, 02:15 PM
  3. Just bought my first polaris, any advice?
    By gordo1287 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-31-2011, 01:18 PM
  4. Just bought my first seadoos... HELP!
    By KCMiller3 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-18-2010, 09:34 PM
  5. Just bought my first PWC '97 Sea Doo GTX
    By Warren Hardguy in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-20-2009, 09:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •