Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Riva 3" or fizzle 4" intake

Alright..i got to know which one of these works the best and gets you what you want out of a intake before i buy. i understand that fizzle is 4" and riva is 3", but bigger doesnt always mean better. i have read the thread on the results of the these two and obvisouly the fizzle did a little better, but that isnt real world conditions;thats a perfect atmosphere with perfect conditions. those are not the results im interested in. so if you could help me decide which one to buy that would be great.

+1
    I've never run a riva 3". I have had the fizzle 4", and currently run the riva rear air. IMO, the fizzle is the way to go. It's cheaper, and provides more volume. While more volume isn't that important now, it will help down the road when you decide to upgrade your supercharger.

You should be able to get kenaflex from a local supplier for around $4/ft and a spectre filter from your local autoparts store for about $30-40. You'll also need the sc adapter. There usually $40 new, sometimes cheaper I the classified section.

Pauly C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1
    Honestly?? This question again? This exact question has been asked 1000 times, what more 'real world' results do you want? The 4" intake is better. Sigh.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    Honestly?? This question again? This exact question has been asked 1000 times, what more 'real world' results do you want? The 4" intake is better. Sigh.
    + 82

Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    this is only my second day with the forum so i havent found or navigated through everything yet,so i figured it would be easier to ask

+1
    That's fine. In the top right corner there is a search bar. Use it regularly. It will save you time and will allow you to find the answers (most of them) that you are looking for. If you don't find the ones you are looking for, post a thread. This site is a WEALTH of information. More than you care to know.

In my opinion both kits are overpriced. I bought the Fizzle kit just because it was a complete kit and I didn't have to do any shopping around. I feel that on a nearly stock ski the intakes will perform similiar but the Fizzle will have the edge. With that said every other performance mod you do the Fizzle will begin to better show you what its capable of.

+1
    I have both. If you are just doing mild mods (stg 1) I would do the Riva. It is a very good kit.

The Fizzle kit does have a markup involved for sure, but you are paying for the convenience of getting everything at once. The adapter it comes with is rock solid. It has to be perfectly straight on the SC inlet and clamps to it, it isn't going anywhere. Plus it comes with a sweet filter that says "Fizzle" lol. For the price of the Riva 3", you can get the Fizzle intake and Fizzle catch can (another nice piece). I ran the 3" for awhile, I liked the fact it looked more factory than the Kana. I would never do it again though. If you really want the Riva 3", try posting a WTB in the classified.

+1
    There are several for sale in the classifieds. You just have to look. I would go with the 4". You will notice increased RPM's (125-175). Fill the ride plate holes(good for 1 mph proven increase) and get a pump wedge with extension (good for 1-2 mph) After you get the pump wedge and extension, shave the reverse bucket and get a 14/19R. Should be good for mid 70's consistently. No prop pitching(usually). Plug and play..... pretty much.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information