Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Looking to purchase a new Ski...

Hey everyone!
    Im new to the forum, sorry to be a bother but I would like to get your "honest opinions" on what jet ski to buy. My options are between the Yamaha FX SHO, FZR, FZS, Seadoo RXP-X 255 (all 2011 models) it will be my first Ski Purchase.

Im looking for the most reliable and reputable ski out there and one with good speed and comfort... It's going to be in the ocean most of its use (I live in Miami FL)
    I usually go out on SeaDoos that my friends and family own but Ive heard that Yamaha's are known for good quality and their very reliable and dont end up in the shop as much...

Thanks in advance guys

+1
    You sound like you definitely want a Yamaha. They are definitely the most reliable and almost never in the shop except for clutch issues. Which one is up to you but i would recommend the SHO since you ride in the ocean.

Thanks for the quick reply... I Was thinking the same about the SHO because I Heard the FZR is more for topspeed and will get tossed around easy with the waves in the ocean? How do you think the FX SHO will compete agains the sea DOO RXP-X 255 performance and speed wise?

+1
    The RXP-X will definitely leave the show but not by that much. The SHO is definitely cheaper because it can run on cheaper fuel. Never rode an RXP-X but when I ride my FZR in the ocean I don't get tossed around that much.

Any reasons why you would recommend the SHO over the FZR? do you put regular 87 octane pump gas on your FZR? would the FZR keep up much more whit the RXP-X better than the SHO?

+1
    The reason why I chose the SHO for you over the FZR was because you ride in the ocean. IMO it not that much big off a difference but the SHO does handle better in the rough but my FZR is definitely lighter and more suited for closed course racing. I put regular fuel in my FZR and it performs very well.

To answer your question about the RXP-X I am not sure but I do know the RXP-x is faster than the FZR stock and i also know the FZR is faster than the SHO.

Thanks for your quick reply's and Opinions. with proper maintenance and care how long do you think the yamaha SHP will last me before the clutch would give problems?

+1
    If you are going to go with a Sea-Doo for the ocean you probably want the RXT-X, not the P-X. That new T-X is a huge whale of a ski, and based on my test rides I would say it was designed for the ocean. It also has closed loop cooling which keeps salt water out of your engine.

But personally I think the Yamaha would be a better choice for reliability, plus you can use regular fuel as opposed to the BRP unit. Unless you plan on making major modifications, the Yamaha supercharger is not going to be a problem in my opinion. Get the 5 year warranty, maintain it well and you'll be set.

Where can i find the 5 year warranty, all i can freaking find is a 3 year warranty?

+1
    I got mine directly from the dealer, it's called the Y.E.S. Warranty.
    What state are you in?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information