Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Virage triple's

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Homer Glen Il.
    Posts
    8,704
    +1
    109

    Virage triple's

    I was wondering what rpm's the Virage triple pipes turn compared to the Matrix pipes my Matrix will turn over 8000 rpm's and i'm thinking of pulling the Matrix motor out and putting it in a Virage hull with pipes and maybe gaining some speed


  2. #2
    AWA Member 32DegH2O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis, Mn.
    Posts
    2,008
    +1
    5
    Virage pipes are best around 7400-7500

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Homer Glen Il.
    Posts
    8,704
    +1
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by 32DegH2O View Post
    Virage pipes are best around 7400-7500
    Well thats disappointing looks like i'll have to put my SLTX race pipes in a Virage hull there good to atleast 8150

  4. #4
    AWA Member 32DegH2O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis, Mn.
    Posts
    2,008
    +1
    5
    Well you can run them just fine at that rpm if you want, it's just that they were designed more for the little bit lower range. How much loss in performance you'll get at higher rpms I have no idea.

  5. #5
    She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    17,330
    +1
    31
    Where's that thread that had all the pipes and recommnded RPM range for them?

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Homer Glen Il.
    Posts
    8,704
    +1
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    Where's that thread that had all the pipes and recommnded RPM range for them?
    thats what i was looking for

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Homer Glen Il.
    Posts
    8,704
    +1
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by 32DegH2O View Post
    Well you can run them just fine at that rpm if you want, it's just that they were designed more for the little bit lower range. How much loss in performance you'll get at higher rpms I have no idea.
    Scott
    heres what Randy had to say

    Wow,
    These are some old threads...
    The true "race pipes" were capable of over 8200 Rpm with a 17-26 impeller at 17-1 compression ratio.. They ran on VP C-14 or C-16, and could accellerate 0-60 in 2.3 seconds.. IN full race trim.

    The Polaris production triple pipes made their torque peak at approx 7200- 7400 Rpm (as I remember) and hardly ever turned over 7500- 7600 Rpm on a well tuned ski. The average consumer would not have been able to keep the race pipes alive, so the production triples were detuned for the general consumer..

    Randy

    100 Rpm = approx 1 mph.

    so i would say the loss of 500 rpm's could be 3-5 mph if i read him right

  8. #8
    PolarisNut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Lower Michigan
    Posts
    1,809
    The Virage driveline will not be happy over 7500...Mine kept having issues revving that high. Horrible vibration and loosening through hull clamps. You will have to have the hardened drive shaft, without a doubt. Also, I believe the Matrix pipes are just modified Virage pipes. I know the Matrix pipes will rev to 8000, but I think you're stretching them a bit. You could try drying out the Virage pipes a bit to see if you can get them to rev up a bit more, but I don't think you'll be happy with them that high.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Homer Glen Il.
    Posts
    8,704
    +1
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by PolarisNut View Post
    The Virage driveline will not be happy over 7500...Mine kept having issues revving that high. Horrible vibration and loosening through hull clamps. You will have to have the hardened drive shaft, without a doubt. Also, I believe the Matrix pipes are just modified Virage pipes. I know the Matrix pipes will rev to 8000, but I think you're stretching them a bit. You could try drying out the Virage pipes a bit to see if you can get them to rev up a bit more, but I don't think you'll be happy with them that high.
    Ok cool i'll try it like that first

  10. #10
    Connecticut CrazyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    CT.
    Posts
    8,141
    +1
    1,052
    Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    Where's that thread that had all the pipes and recommnded RPM range for them?
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/pola...our-pipes.html

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. WTB WTB Virage triple pipes
    By 1FASTXC in forum Polaris Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-14-2014, 09:08 AM
  2. FS - Parts virage triple pipes
    By TxVirageTx in forum Polaris Classifieds
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-25-2012, 12:52 PM
  3. FS Virage Triple pipes and Msd ignition
    By 785 lugs in forum Polaris Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-11-2011, 12:05 PM
  4. Virage Triple Pipes...I need a part!
    By 32DegH2O in forum Polaris Classifieds
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 06:26 PM
  5. What else do Virage Factory Pipe triples fit?
    By ATSAaron in forum Polaris PWC Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-10-2006, 11:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •