Thread: 2004 GTX Pump

+1

2004 GTX Pump

I have a question I took my pump to the local dealer to have it checked out to ensure that it was good for the upcoming season, and was told that the impeller shaft looked like it had fallen down that the angle bearing had went bad maybe. They told me that it needed to be rebuilt and quoted me all the parts that it would take such as PMB oil seal,PMB spacer,PMH oil seal,PMH O-RING,PMB O-RING,PMB ANGLE BEARING,PMH SHAFT-IMPELLER. When looking on-line at rebuild kits none of them show all of this stuff with the kit. Could anyone help me out and tell me exactly I might need to fix this problem.

Thanks for your time

+1
    Rule # 1. They are called 'Stealer's' or 'Stealer Dealer for a reason. How many hours do you have on the ski. Also, does the prop spin freely while in the pump housing? Have you noticed any changes or anything out of the ordinary? If it sounds like this video then you need a rebuild more than likely. You can do it yourself. Here is the link---> YouTube - dragabusa's Channel

+1
    My ski has about 120 something not sure exactly and it has always had the cone full of grease we have checked that regularly. When we spin it like you suggested it spins freely and no noise like what was in the you tube video. Would the kit that you can buy from the watercraft superstore or online with just the o-rings etc. be what you would have to buy to rebuild or would you have to buy the angle bearing and the shaft impeller also? Thanks

+1
    When I do rebuilds on pumps, I buy the bearing kits only. I also buy the o-rings from the local hose supply store for nearly a third of what the 'stealer' charges you for them. I feel that they are a little better grade and quality. I think you should be fine. If the bearings are going bad then they make the sound that you heard in the video. They shouldn't wear out this quick but sometimes can. It's another personal preference. I would just order the 3 or 4 o-rings you need or take them to your local hose shop and have them matched up. If you search in a OEM parts directory it should tell you the size rings that they are and you can get them that way. I just hate paying 12.95 for shipping for 3.00 worth of o-rings.

+1
    Is your pump plastic?
    If so, you might want to pic up a used cast 215 pump.
    You might find one for the same cost you are looking at rebuilding yours.

+1
    Thanks for the great info. One last question and I am not sure how to word this, when the tech at the dealer looked at my pump he said that because the shaft was dropped down where you could see about 2 threads down the center of the solas impeller where the solas cone for the impeller would go that is what meant it was bad. Then he looked at the pump on our 2006 RXP and the shaft down the center of that impeller was flush with the bottom and no threads showing and he said that is what the GTX pump should look like. Is there any truth to this? As we listened to the video link that you gave and the GTX pump has no noise it is as quite as can be. Again thanks for your input, as if I don't have to spend the money then I would rather not.

Thread Information