Has any one ever used a tming advance for a kawi 750??

Has any one ever used a timing advance plate, for a kawasaki 750ssxi, I have had all the motor mods done the porting and polishing, head shaving and motor boared, boydson reeds and cages, flo stuffers and a coffamans exhaust, and a scat track 14/19 impeller, will a timing advance kit kill my engine?? I am running 92 octain, and have a single carb, the engine has about 150psi of compression, the engine is out of a 750sts, I know that the sts models had different port timing and thats why the compression is so low, ssxi's usually run about 180 psi, but that engine has been long gone, so I am suck with this one, any help on the timing advance would be very helpful.. I know its gives good low to mid range power but will it hurt me on top end, I guess what I am asking is will it denoate and burn a hole in my pistion???

put on the plate and it should bring that pipe to life

+1
    i have always run them, in 750SX's, SXi', SXi pro, and i even have one in my 03 SXR. IMO they are worth running. i have never had a deto problem.

i have a new, MSD one, in the package here on the shelf if you want. 25.00 + s&h. i also have a good, used MSD ignition enhancer, ( gives a better timming advance curve, and adjustable rev limit) 150.00. i have take off dual carb set up from a SXI pro, new dual SBN44's on a R&D intake, new single SBN46mm set up, NEW PJS reeds, stuffers, and probably some other stuff to help you go faster. ( i think i have some cut, modded stock heads too).

let me know if i can help in anyway.

zig

ok I am interested in some of the heads and maby the timing advance the r&d one is $45. and you said that you had one for $25. that sounds great, e-mail me with some pics or a invoice and I will get you he money, ohh I am running boydsin reeds and cages and a set of pjs stuffers, would it be wise to put a set of reed spacers in too??, I am also running a scat track 14 19 prop what do you suggest running for maxium speed??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfman05 View Post
    ok I am interested in some of the heads and maby the timing advance the r&d one is $45. and you said that you had one for $25. that sounds great, e-mail me with some pics or a invoice and I will get you he money, ohh I am running boydsin reeds and cages and a set of pjs stuffers, would it be wise to put a set of reed spacers in too??, I am also running a scat track 14 19 prop what do you suggest running for maxium speed??
    sorry, i don't see an email addy.

please email me, ( mine is below in my signature). or feel free to call me at the shop after 4PM CST. give me a lsit of the parts you want prices for, and i'll get you a total.

zig

john zigler
    rock co. jet ski
    608-743-1305

Thread Information