Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question Just got a sea doo!!!

Hi everyone. I just got my first sea doo a 2005 sea doo gtx supercharged with 30 hrs. I am thinking i will go ahead & pull the supercharger, and send it to jerry for the washer upgrade, since I know it hasnt been done. Is there anything else these model skis need doing to them?
    Also what are the best mods to do (keeping the cost down) I dont want to change super chargers or injectors now).
    Thanks for any info...

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by JGN View Post
    Hi everyone. I just got my first sea doo a 2005 sea doo gtx supercharged with 30 hrs. I am thinking i will go ahead & pull the supercharger, and send it to jerry for the washer upgrade, since I know it hasnt been done. Is there anything else these model skis need doing to them?
    Also what are the best mods to do (keeping the cost down) I dont want to change super chargers or injectors now).
    Thanks for any info...
    leave it stock or you end up broke like the rest of us nutz!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    leave it stock or you end up broke like the rest of us nutz!
    a hole in the water to throw money into!

Banned User
    +1
    although i do enjoy it!

You know, it isn't the cost of the final mods you have...it's all those mods you bought along the way that you changed out later that kills you

Saying that, get a Fizzle 4" air intake, fill the grate holes and an aftermarket ride plate. Those are three thngs you will keep no matter what level you mod it too.

Enjoy it!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JGN View Post
    Thanks for any info...
    You can get away with the washer upgrade for now but you will need to upgrade to the 08 spec shaft assembly at or around 80 hrs, that said because on a stock charger you should change the washers every 50 hours. If it were me I might consider having Jerry go ahead with the upgrade and then at 80 hours change the washers and set the slip myself.

As for the mods, i got a 2007 RXT and after a full search this is what i decided.. The thing is that if you dont have the money dont start doing the mod in parts, all the way or no way lol, lol!!
    RIVA SEADOO VALVE TRAIN UPGRADE KIT, 600$
    RIVA ECU, 1000$
    RIVA FUEL INJECTOR 320$
    COMPRESSOR 16PSI, 1700$
    INTERCOOLER 480$
    THERMOSTAT 180$
    IMPELLER 340$.
    + water box, irridium plugs and blow off valve, air filter. All of these around 4500$ and it will be freaking fast..
    So what do i get? A stock looking rxt outside but around 300hp inside. I will not change handle bars riding plates e.t.c, e.t.c, Stock exhaust end (low noise) So i will be faster than i sound!!!! lol lol, Hope this gives you an idea.... And this setup is ready for turbo, pistons e.tc. e.t.c.

+1
    If your gonna send it in you should have jerry do a full rebuild just so its nice and fresh then you shouldent have to worry about it

I went and picked the ski up today, and tried it a little on the lake, all I can say is WOW that thing is already kinda fast! I still will probably do a few small mods (just to keep ahead of my buddy. LOL)
    I got 2 questions though the guy said he lost the yellow learners key. How can I get one?
    AND are there any computer upgrades I need to get done? I read some threads where there are some, I just dont know if I need them for my ski. How can I tell?

About the money part........I learned years ago BOAT stands for Break Out Another Thousand!!!!!!!

Thanks again

I was just looking through the performance parts... I was thinking a air intake kit, and maybe a ride plate or intake grate? Is there any order to do those two things? Also What does the opus block off system do (i read a few threads on that it said handling) Is thee 100 dollar opus kit ok for now? OR would I be better off with the stage 1 kit by the time I buy a intake kit & ride plate etc.....?

Thanks again

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information