Help with Purchase - FZS or FX HO

Hello all,
    I need help making a purchase decision and was hoping you all could give me some feedback.

I do 100% ocean riding in the Gulf. I am trying to decide between a 2010 FZS or 2011 FX HO. The FX HO is about $800-$1000 more expensive. I would love to go with the FZS, however I am worried that the hull design may not be as nice for the ocean riding.

thank you in advance for your help!

Central Florida
    I would say performance wise the FZS will give you a bigger smile, hands down.
    It's already a supercharged monster out of the crate, and it doesn't take a lot to let the monster off the chain.

Lots of owners here using FZ models on the ocean with no complaints; the Nano hulls are not as comfortable as the 2010 Sea-Doo RXT-X or the new suspension models from BRP, but anything you give up in comfort will be worth it with the increase in performance over the FX HO in my opinion, and you should be able to pick up a zero hour 2009-2010 FZS for around $10K.

Now, if you are planning on longer day trips like 50–100 miles at a time or more, then the HO might be better for you because of more efficient fuel economy. I suggest a test ride on them both before pulling the trigger, and you might also consider the FX SHO for the ocean. Welcome to the forum.

thanks for the response and the welcome! you have definitely made the decision a lot easier.

The FZS is a great ocean ski. Very predictable in the rough and an intake grate makes the hookup 10x better. I personally have a FZR (same as FZS) and I love it in the ocean. I have ridden a 2010 FX HO in the ocean before and it is still a good ski but it doesn't lean like my FZR. Either way you can't really go wrong but I would recommend the FZS because of how well it handles in the ocean and how predictable it is.

Thread Information