Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    AWA MEMBER
    +1

Removed Intake ribbon BEFORE breakin

Well I removed the whole Intake manafold and intercooler today......Did fairly well cut my nuckle once and only cursed for 30min, and took a safety meeting break. Removed the components in 1.5 hr. also did it with no Shop manual, my wife says " I cant believe you took apart a 10k ski you haven't even rode yet, straight out the crate"

I ordered the R&D sleeve will await for its arrival..... Its tricky some of those bolts LOL, women just don't understand about boys and there toys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC06276.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	131.1 KB 
ID:	230576   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC06275.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	230575   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC06274.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	230577  

Drill and tap ready for a bov.... Best to now while it's out

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    I was thinking that, where did you tie the wires off tho?

I have just left them. They seam fine

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    I was thinking of a R&D spacer for the intercooler, but I can't justify the cost......I do HVAC-R I know air pretty well and I don't believe that tiny spacer will increase 30-35 cfm I believe its a waste of 50 bucks and believe the only way to get more cfm with a low pressure drop is replace the intercooler. Know the ribbon is a diffrent story I do believe that is restricting 40 cfm at least, id like to try it but not for 50 bucks

Maybe you can sell me yours since your fitting a new intercooler anyways

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Then since I brought fresh air into the hull I was thinking I could fab a bilge blower to pull heat from the exhaust area and use the rear storage in the rear to vent out the heat, maybe shim the post higher for the seat to allow exit of the air, I mean what good is bringing in fresh cooler air to be superheated by engine and exhaust heat already there, then you would have 100% exchanged air would lower hull temps and IAT I did it in my Honduh and it lowered the IAT by 7 degrees that was a turbo tho..

The spacer I don't think worked. Would cost far more than 50 bucks just to post from the uk mate lol...

I recommend save for a intercooler mate

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by MR MAC View Post
    The spacer I don't think worked. Would cost far more than 50 bucks just to post from the uk mate lol...

I recommend save for a intercooler mate

Yea that is what I thought thanks mate!, I think a new core and a cooling kit would do the stocker much better, if I had to go that route, and I may

+1
    DONT go with the intercooler spacer, it's just wasting precious time and money. I did it and saw minimal results. Did the RIVA powercooler over the intercooler spacer and saw huge results. Imagine if I had replaced it over the stock intercooler.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterholics View Post
    DONT go with the intercooler spacer, it's just wasting precious time and money. I did it and saw minimal results. Did the RIVA powercooler over the intercooler spacer and saw huge results. Imagine if I had replaced it over the stock intercooler.

Yea, I do Heating A/C and Ventalation I know air pretty well, I saw the size of the spacer and just knew it was not going to add 35 cfm, If you read the decription it says the CFM kit will rasie the RPM by 100 and add 1lb of boost, you get that from the sleeve alone LOL LOL. the airflow and pressure drop is decided by the "Core design and the tank" simply adding 1/8" spacer is not going to to make it flow more air. If I wanted to make the stocker better Id buy the R&D core, and a Riva cooling kit, that would lower IAT, and slightly improve airflow which is all you can ask for in a intercooler. I see the Riva and R&D have similar tanks, to the stocker.....but the core is probably 8-10 row cooling, more cooling surface= better airflow and better cooling, also 2 inlets for water helps cooling too but 8-10 row coil Versus a stocker 5 row, will flow more air and have "less" pressure drop due to less resistance

Also Thats why I didnt bait into buying a "cold air intake" if you notice the tube on the Riva intake......yes its 4" but the SC inlet is aprox 3" all the rest of the plumbing is 3" as well I simply took the stock air box....removed the restrictive rubber ducting inside box, and added 2 holes 1 1/4" and picked up a R&D powerfilter restriction gone, still a factory look and pulling the same air as Riva or R&D setup If I had lots of coin like the rest of these guys Id try all 3 setups, Riva and R&D are good products....just have to use your money wisely to get the most out of your ski

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information