Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2011 Mark hann 300 any updates ?

Hi,
    any updates about the 2011 Mark Hann 300 yet ? Who is leading ?

Banned User
    +1
    The race started at 9:04 A.M. Arizona time. and finished at 2:34 p.m(times are aproximate).

Race finished 30 minutes ago. It was won by Jean Bruno Pastorello / Pierre Carlier Pro Am 4 Open Kawasaki Ultra 300 X #8X. The Kawasaki Ultra 300 was basically stock.
    The weather conditions were pretty good, all things considered. It started off at about 60 degrees with winds of 10 to 15 mph, and about 20 mph on the California side. By lap 28, the temperature had dropped to around 50 degree's, and the wind was a steady 20+mph, out of the South. Conditions on the California side were "rough".
    It's pouring rain now...and I don't know who came in 2nd, or what the fastest lap times were or any of that yet.

Also, Aero(from Indonesia), came in First in the N/A class, First in Ironman, and I believe he finished in the top 5, overall, on a stock Yamaha VXR!!!!
    I've got lots of video, but it will be a few days before I have it edited. I will post more results when I get them. Just got home, and I'm going to rest up before the Awards Banquet at 7pm.

Thanks very much

Banned User
    +1

+1
    well done to dubz and gerner for a 12 place finish quite a few in front of the no1. sounds like it was awesome conditions (avg speed 64 mph). well done boys. lb2cat here we come.

I posted below at another website/thread but here you go again.

French Kawi team won using a 300X, 1st place.
    Belgium team won the 2nd place, also using a 300X.
    SeaPoop got the 3rd place.

French team passing the finishing line.

Craig Warner couldn't finish the race due to a mechanical problem.

Mark Gerner/Dubz team could have EASILY gotten 3rd place or better if not spent close to 55 minutes or so replacing the intake grate that came loose and broke off (had to borrow one from another team's Ultra..). Considering that much down time (55 min), they did a damn good job! And what a spirit they had - NEVER GIVING UP!

+1
    well done to all looks like the water may have favoured other brands, but they obviously weren't up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    well done to all looks like the water may have favoured other brands, but they obviously weren't up to it.
    It appeared to be 50/50 chance for Ultra. However, toward the last 1/2 of the race, the water got rough farther away from shore where there is no tight buoy turns and you would run at WOT. I would say today's overall water condition was FARI for all models. What that means is that for real offshore racing, the 300X can do very well... We will find out soon. Wait for upcoming triple crown 3 offshore races in southern California in March, May and July this year.

Banned User
    +1
    I should have the video done sometime today or tomorrow. Wait til you see the onboard video that I have, and it was taken in the morning, when those of us on the beach, considered it "calm".......needless to say, it was absolutely gnarly out there. The wind/waves were the great equalizer at this years Mark Hahn. Having the fastest boat, didn't mean you were going to win, or even finish. Pit "strategy", as well as the skill and fitness of the riders had a lot to do with who finished in the top 10.
    Congrats to all the racers who participated in this years Epic Mark Hahn 300 race.

"Film at 11"

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by iflyems View Post
    I should have the video done sometime today or tomorrow. Wait til you see the onboard video that I have, and it was taken in the morning, when those of us on the beach, considered it "calm".......needless to say, it was absolutely gnarly out there. The wind/waves were the great equalizer at this years Mark Hahn. Having the fastest boat, didn't mean you were going to win, or even finish. Pit "strategy", as well as the skill and fitness of the riders had a lot to do with who finished in the top 10.
    Congrats to all the racers who participated in this years Epic Mark Hahn 300 race.

"Film at 11"
    From your experiance in seeing these races, how did the 300X run as compared to the 250 or 260X?
    I know there are a lot of variables involved but did it seem like a stronger, faster running ski?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information