Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Gpr1200 part out, let me know what parts u need,

I THINK I STUCK A PISTON TODay!!!! the ski was still running but lost power and wasnt moving but still turning the motor somewhat!!, im thinking about parting it out cause everyone is doing the rxp conversions and this hull is in excellent condition. .

2001 YAMAHA GPR1200 WITH A STOCK MOTOR, (POSSIBLE STUCK PISTON, MAYBE NEEDS CRANK REBUILT) BRAND NEW CARBS KITS FULLY REBUILT CARBS, r&D RIDE PLATE (EARLY JIMS EDITION 4- MPH FASTER THAN STOCK) r&D INTAKE GRATE 1200 , BRAND NEW RIVA PUMP SEAL KIT, DPLATE MOD, ECU CHIP FOR DPLATE, r&D POWER PLENIUM AIR FILTER, NEW FUEL LINES, SKI LOOKS NEW!!! ALL STICKERS ARE OFF SKI, HAS HYDRO TURF MATTS, SKI WAS RUNNING REALLY GOOD TODAY THEN IT SOUNDED LIKE A PISTON GOT STUCK, SKI WAS STILL RUNNING BUT I TURNED OFF MOTOR AND SWAM IT TO SHORE. NOT SURE HOW BAD MOTOR IS, I HAVE PICS ON MY PHONE LET ME KNOW WHAT U NEED

Midlothian Virginia USA ~ On the James River~
    +1
    Dibbs on Jims plate and R&D 1200 grate. PM sent

+1
    im still not sure if im gonna part it out, im testing water to see if its worth it to part it out, but, i started it tonight to get water out and it starts fine, think the pump bearing or wear ring is bad, gonna pull it tomm, and do compression test, if motor is good ill prob keep it

I'm interested in these if you decide to part out...

- r&D POWER PLENIUM AIR FILTER
    - Gauge
    - pump seal kit
    - one piston

+1
    it seems i found the problem, the shaft splines are stripped, the motor is fine, so i need an H.O. PUMP ANYONE selling one ??? and will it just bolt on??? or should i look for stock shaft and new bearings???

Quote Originally Posted by waverider1200 View Post
    it seems i found the problem, the shaft splines are stripped, the motor is fine, so i need an H.O. PUMP ANYONE selling one ??? and will it just bolt on??? or should i look for stock shaft and new bearings???
    well your in Miami, so you shouldn`t have a problem finding one...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    well your in Miami, so you shouldn`t have a problem finding one...
    u were right on that one!!!!!! i already found a used pump and shaft in good condition, as well as a solas 13-19 trued prop, and a milled head!!!! im stoked!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by waverider1200 View Post
    u were right on that one!!!!!! i already found a used pump and shaft in good condition, as well as a solas 13-19 trued prop, and a milled head!!!! im stoked!!!!!!!!
    hahahahaha, excellent!

+1
    might need a crank, or might need to fix this one, think i could have spun a bearing, will a compression test tell me, gonna do a comp test tomm morn

If you stripped the driveshaft splines you will need to replace the inermediate shaft as well or you will just end stripping the splines on the new shaft as well. I just went through the same thing. Unfortunately it requires pulling the motor.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information