Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1

Error code P0127???

That's the code I remember, the ski is home and won't show it. Guess I'll take it to the dealer on Monday.

I got the bypass module and Solas prop installed and ran her today. On a full tank of 8 week old gas, my Garmin registered 70.6 (speedo touched 73 once), but every time the ski got up to 8100 rpm, it would bounce down to 7800 and start to climb again. After about an hour + of running, I got the code when I restarted the ski. It ran fine, but when I went through a slower speed zone and was running 5000 rpm, it was still bouncing between 4800 and 5000 on the tack. It was a noticeable surge. Very weird. I suspect if I was able to sustain 8100, I would have added some speed.

I think that's the code, but my tired brain seems to remember a p1120??? or an 1102???

Trying to remember, but I think 0127 might have been it.

Thoughts on the surging?

+1
    Found this for you..... RXTX Fault Code - Seadoo Forums

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Toobold View Post
    Thx. I'm really trying to remember. For some reason p0122 or 0120 is popping into my head. I'm frustrated that I can't remember.

+1
    Yea P0127 is a high air temp alarm. Another guy was having this issue too - down in Trinidad I think. He was thinking his IC was clogged. He is NOT running a strainer....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by UNSANE View Post
    That's the code I remember, the ski is home and won't show it. Guess I'll take it to the dealer on Monday.

I got the bypass module and Solas prop installed and ran her today. On a full tank of 8 week old gas, my Garmin registered 70.6 (speedo touched 73 once), but every time the ski got up to 8100 rpm, it would bounce down to 7800 and start to climb again. After about an hour + of running, I got the code when I restarted the ski. It ran fine, but when I went through a slower speed zone and was running 5000 rpm, it was still bouncing between 4800 and 5000 on the tack. It was a noticeable surge. Very weird. I suspect if I was able to sustain 8100, I would have added some speed.

I think that's the code, but my tired brain seems to remember a p1120??? or an 1102???

Trying to remember, but I think 0127 might have been it.

Thoughts on the surging?
    Quote Originally Posted by Toobold View Post
    Nice meeting you yesterday. Your ski seems to run good. The link provided above makes sense to me after seeing how your engine is buried then covered in the engine bay on the RXTX-IS. Heat soak.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    Nice meeting you yesterday. Your ski seems to run good. The link provided above makes sense to me after seeing how your engine is buried then covered in the engine bay on the RXTX-IS. Heat soak.
    Great to meet all of you yesterday as well. The code had started just before I stopped where you guys were on the shore and alarmed again when I headed back. I read more about p0127 and the ECM limited their RPM down to 60mph. I was still running 71 on the way back, but the engine would "bounce" between 8000 and 8100 and then through that slow zone, it was bouncing between 5000 and 4800. The more I think about it, the more my memory is telling me that it was a p0122 (throttle position), which might make sense for the surging. Strange that it alarmed nearly an hour after running WOT. But then again, my knowledge is limited.

Either way, I will take it to the dealer and they can plug in and figure out what's up. I suppose that if I was able to sustain 8100 rpm, I would've seen 72+ I'll keep everyone up to date.

PS: my GoPro was on when you chased me down, I'll post it soon. (camera was looking out back)

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by UNSANE View Post
    Great to meet all of you yesterday as well. The code had started just before I stopped where you guys were on the shore and alarmed again when I headed back. I read more about p0127 and the ECM limited their RPM down to 60mph. I was still running 71 on the way back, but the engine would "bounce" between 8000 and 8100 and then through that slow zone, it was bouncing between 5000 and 4800. The more I think about it, the more my memory is telling me that it was a p0122 (throttle position), which might make sense for the surging. Strange that it alarmed nearly an hour after running WOT. But then again, my knowledge is limited.

Either way, I will take it to the dealer and they can plug in and figure out what's up. I suppose that if I was able to sustain 8100 rpm, I would've seen 72+ I'll keep everyone up to date.

PS: my GoPro was on when you chased me down, I'll post it soon. (camera was looking out back)
    That surge around 5-6k cruising is pretty normal at least on my PX. When you put that mod on did you get the ECU reset? Like to see that video when you get it up that would be cool.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    That surge around 5-6k cruising is pretty normal at least on my PX. When you put that mod on did you get the ECU reset? Like to see that video when you get it up that would be cool.
    My system is upgraded to the latest BUDS. I've never had that surge at that rpm before. It's surging at WOT too. I thought it was the REV limiter kicking in, but you guys told me that it shouldn't back off like that. Either way, when the main mechanic gets back on Wed, I'll let him have the ski.

+1
    Here some info for what its worth.
    I have 05 RXT with X ecu, X injectors and X SC.
    But this past year was running 215 OEM intercooler.
    During the hot summer months the ski would throw the P0127 code if at wot for longer then 5 seconds.
    Less then 8,000 rpm it was fine.
    Also during the cooler months no code.

Conclusion on my boa is the intercooler is not sufficient for the x ecu.

Not sure how this relates to your boat but I would guess the air is not cooling to what the ecu wants.
    Have you switched out the sensor in manifold to rule That out.

+1
    Here's that vid.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information