+1

need new intermed shaft 2001 gpr, or h.o.pump setup complete

hi everyone, so it seems i stripped the shaft on my gpr1200 2001 yesterday!! the ski was running great then all of a sudden it started making this loud squeeling noise metal on metal, at first i though it was the motor!!! thank god its not!!! i got it home and wanted to start it just to drain any extra water from inside and the motor started right up, then i heard the noise coming from the shaft, it didnt seem to be the bearing in back, so i started reading last night and fond the splines on the shaft strip easily.
    im stoked i dont have to rebuild the whole motor!!!!! im gonna take off the shaft and impeller today. I HAVE 2 QUESTIONS ...do i have to remove the motor or slide it forward??? does the whole exhaust need to come off???

so next question is should i upgrade to an H.O PUMP and what do i need to install on a 2001 gpr1200.
    or do i get a stock drive shaft and new bearings, i heard with an H.O PUMP i would gain top speed..

let me know what u have and ur opinions please!!! thanks again for the help

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by waverider1200 View Post
    hi everyone, so it seems i stripped the shaft on my gpr1200 2001 yesterday!! the ski was running great then all of a sudden it started making this loud squeeling noise metal on metal, at first i though it was the motor!!! thank god its not!!! i got it home and wanted to start it just to drain any extra water from inside and the motor started right up, then i heard the noise coming from the shaft, it didnt seem to be the bearing in back, so i started reading last night and fond the splines on the shaft strip easily.
    im stoked i dont have to rebuild the whole motor!!!!! im gonna take off the shaft and impeller today. I HAVE 2 QUESTIONS ...do i have to remove the motor or slide it forward??? does the whole exhaust need to come off???

so next question is should i upgrade to an H.O PUMP and what do i need to install on a 2001 gpr1200.
    or do i get a stock drive shaft and new bearings, i heard with an H.O PUMP i would gain top speed..

let me know what u have and ur opinions please!!! thanks again for the help
    2001 Intermediate Shaft - 2001 Yamaha GP1200r Intermediate Shaft - eBay (item 220737370001 end time Mar-11-11 14:49:02 PST)

You will need to slide the engine forward to remove the intermediate shaft.

+1
    thanks for the quick reply, do u have any pics of the splines

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by waverider1200 View Post
    thanks for the quick reply, do u have any pics of the splines
    I do not right now, but I can assure you they are good. I don't sell junk. Splines and bearings are good to go.

If you still want a picture, I can try to get one today.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rangermtb5 View Post
    I do not right now, but I can assure you they are good. I don't sell junk. Splines and bearings are good to go.

If you still want a picture, I can try to get one today.
    i just picked up a new shaft and pump, so all i need is the part u have. im working on getting the cash, ill let u know asap, i definately want it, so dibs if possible, if someone has money sooner i understand

Thread Information