Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 0-60 Timer ??

+1

0-60 Timer ??

Hey guys, to me I can't really tell the difference in acceleration between parts when I swap them out, like how some guys on here can tell which part was faster out the hole or had better mid range pull. So I was wondering since I am after best hole shot and acceleration because I am a CC racer are there any products besides those expensive radar guns that measure 0-60 times or acceleration. I know MoTec's ECU has a GPS that measures 0-60 time but unfortunately I don't have a MoTec and I'm not planning on buying one.
    Thanks

+1
    You can pick up a stalker ATS radar gun on ebay for under 800$. One just sold a few weeks ago for 600$ which is a steal. Just loan it to your buddies for a weekend for 50$ a pop and you'll make your money back

+1
    Lol I like the idea but unfortunately we don't have as many skis in Trinidad as you'll do in the U.S. so I won't make back the money. I was thinking something alot cheaper because after the ECU there is gonna be very limited funds. Is it possible that the MoTec's GPS could be hooked up to the ViPec. I saw in their update they added the software to use MoTec's dash, I don't see why they didn't add the GPS.

+1
    Not sure about the motec/ vipec functions. There are some iphone apps for 0-60 timers. I have no idea how accurate they are, my guess is not very because the ski is already moving before you punch it.

+1
    Don't worry about your 0 to 60 time. You can gauge acceleration by looking at the other racers next to you. The best thing you can do is practice your hole shot. And practice your holds With the same people.

Just one of many electronic devices that will replace a gps.. Acellerometers should become the new standard in measuring performance..
    G-Tech 230 G-Tech Pro RR Performance Meter

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Thomas View Post
    Don't worry about your 0 to 60 time. You can gauge acceleration by looking at the other racers next to you. The best thing you can do is practice your hole shot. And practice your holds With the same people.
    I rarely get skis that are off my skis calibre to race. Small island I live in here with not so many skis on a weekend. But I'll probably ask my friend who has a stock SHO to race against me and see if he see any noticeable difference when I swap out parts.

Quote Originally Posted by rossnemo View Post
    Just one of many electronic devices that will replace a gps.. Acellerometers should become the new standard in measuring performance..
    G-Tech 230 G-Tech Pro RR Performance Meter
    Thanks. But I was more looking for something that would be to plot graphs of different acceleration times and stuff. If the ViPec made a device like what the MoTec has and integrates as well as they do I would snatch one up ASAP. That would be the ultimate tuning tool.

+1
    Got an Iphone? Maybe try using an accelerometer app.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    Got an Iphone? Maybe try using an accelerometer app.
    We unfortunately don't have iPhone's here but I do have an iPod touch. Will that do ?? Or do I need a data connection ??

+1
    Not sure if the Ipads have an internal accelerometer. I've seen the games for the Ipad that you play by moving the unit, so it might.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information