Where can I find a good used or new 4 tec engine?

I have a 2003 4-TEC Supercharged GTX Limited and the engine is totaly destroyed. the head is bad the block has a hole in the bottom and the middle rod and piston are non exsistant. I have not torn the engine out yet but I need to figure out what direction I should go with it. should I just try to get a new engine from seadoo, or rebuild the engine myself, or find a good used one,or find a core and get a rebuilt one from sbt or another remanufacturer?

Good luck man its gonna be expensive for sure,just went threw all that on a 2005 rxt and decided to sell it as is...LOL

+1
    Honestly you may be better off finding a new ski and parting out what you have. Figure its 8 years old now and there is a whole lot more horsepower available to you.

To find a complete block will probably run $2500ish and even then you wont be certain what you have in the used market (without taking it apart).

Maybe sort out what the ski is worth in good running condition and work backwards.

try calling seadoo and see what there prices are..there doing a new thing with re-man engines with a 3 month warrenty..i just had to get one for my 05 rxp and it was under 6k with the core exchange..should be cheaper with a 03 gtx..good luck

+1
    A few good motors in the classifieds

Quote Originally Posted by mrbtd View Post
    Honestly you may be better off finding a new ski and parting out what you have. Figure its 8 years old now and there is a whole lot more horsepower available to you.

To find a complete block will probably run $2500ish and even then you wont be certain what you have in the used market (without taking it apart).

Maybe sort out what the ski is worth in good running condition and work backwards.

$2400 remanufactured motor built by seadoo. All new shit with a good core from elsewhere. Bought mine from local dealer. Shipped from seadoo (Canada?) to my dealer.

for 2400 they require a core though right? my core is bad

Quote Originally Posted by xprider02 View Post
    for 2400 they require a core though right? my core is bad
    Yes, the core charge is an additional $1k and my dealer removed mine and shipped it out for me. My core threw a rod and blew a nice hole in the case.
    Takes several weeks but seadoo gets back to the dealer on what they'll pay you for that damaged core.....in other words, seadoo even pays something for ruined engines. Surprised the he'll out of me!
    Well, after waiting several weeks, I got $450 back from the manufacturer for my busted core!

Thread Information